October Roll Call!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Alright ladies, its time for a roll call!

Your name:
LO Due date or birthdates:
Why you chose a homebirth:
Something we don't know about you!:

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your name: Marisa
LO Due date or birthdates: Gage 1.4.06 (hospital), Dane 11.28.08 (home) and Bishop 9.1.10 (home)
Why you chose a homebirth: I felt robbed of my first birth, they did things that didn't need to be done. I was fearful of going back and couldn't find a supporting doctor to a midwife for a VBAC. So we went the home birth route and loved it.
Something we don't know about you!: I love photography and graphic design and am relearning both haha

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 5th, 2010, 10:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Your name: Lyndsey
LO Due date or birthdates: 5-3-07 and 11-1-08 both born in a hospital hoping for #3 at home.
Why you chose a homebirth: We are choosing HB because we are trusting in my body and in birth.
Something we don't know about you!: My husband has missed both of our children's births due to a deployment.

October 6th, 2010, 06:05 AM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
Your name: Marialena
LO Due date or birthdates: Mariah 04.20.09 *home* next due 01.03.11 *at home*
Why you chose a homebirth: I believe hospitals are for emergencies.
Something we don't know about you!:
I am heading to visit my family in Maui for 2 weeks after staying in MT for 1 week with my sister I am very excited!

October 6th, 2010, 06:57 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your name: Shanna
LO Due date or birthdates: E~02/12/2003 and J~12/26/2007 And TTC#3!
Why you chose a homebirth: I feel most of the complications my son had were due to medical interventions
Something we don't know about you!: I am a video game addict.

October 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Your name: Denise
LO Due date or birthdates 5-26-2011, 12-09-2009, 08-29-2006, 7-1-2005(all 3 of my kids were hospital births)
Why you chose a homebirth: Beause of the freedom to work through MY birth how i want, also the empowering feeling everyone says you have with it.
Something we don't know about you!: my passion in life is to become a midwife

October 6th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your name: Rachel
LO Due date or birthdates: EDD for #2, 10/13/2010 (one week from today), my son Hudson BD is 2/20/2009 (19mos)
Why you chose a homebirth: To give us more control over our birth options
Something we don't know about you!: I have a secrete reality TV obsession

October 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Your name: Lindsey
LO Due date or birthdates: baby #2 EDD 10/22/10, Zane's bday 1/21/09
Why you chose a homebirth: many reasons....wanted as natural birth as possible, felt the safest, most comfortable at home, like the personalness of having a MW, like not having to go to get in hte car/go to the hopsital in labor- fear of hopsitals and medical interventions that are unnecessary.
Something we don't know about you!: I love photography and hope to one day be a birth photographer

October 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your name: Nicole
LO Due date or birthdates: Jan 9 2011, DS born in hospital may 19 2008
Why you chose a homebirth: I wanted to birth where I felt/feel most comfortable and that's at home, not a hospital
Something we don't know about you!: I'm canadian - and I'm 5ft tall
October 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your name: Tiffany
LO Due date or birthdates: Due 4/2011, 2 boys born 8/2/06 and 8/25/08
Why you chose a homebirth: I believe birth is a natural process and trust that my body knows what it's doing.
Something we don't know about you!: I love to fish

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
Your name: Stef
LO due date or birthdate: Thuya 06/03/2008 and Kye 08/19/2010
Why you chose a home birth: Seemed like the natural, safe way to give birth and I am terrified of hospitals.
Something we don't know about you: I am a fanatic about anything relating to microbiology. I find parasites, bacteria and viruses to be the most intriguing things on earth!

October 7th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your name:Martha
LO Due date or birthdates: EDD is 5/18/11..Emma is 8/25/02, Elzie 6/14/04, Gretchen 2/5/06, Olive 9/20/08...first three hossy...fourth was freestanding birth center....and hopefully this one will be at home...
Why you chose a homebirth: my first and foremost reason is that having a baby isn't medical....obgyn's and hospitals are for sick mommas and sick babies...not for healthy ones....and that the hospital is full of germs that are antibiotic resistant germs...why would I want my tiny little newborn around that unless it was necessary.
Something we don't know about you!: I wear flip flops until the snow is deep enough to go over the top of them...then I break out the tennies....I HATE tennis shoes....I only wear them when I absolutely MUST

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Your name: Debbie.
LO Due date or birthdates: October 30th.
Why you chose a homebirth: Because of the convenience and the fact that I really do not require medical intervention - I've had healthy pregnancies with easy labors & births.. So why pay thousands upon thousands to have an impersonal care routine & deliver at a hospital that will shuffle me to a few different rooms.. Poke & prod me when all I want to do is glow & enjoy me LO? I guess it just seemed right for us.
Something we don't know about you!: I have a lot of tattoos!

October 8th, 2010, 12:17 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Your name: Ginni

LO Due date or birthdates: Kurt-2002-hospital, Kyle 2004-hospital, Claire 2008-c/s, Cade 8/8/10-HBAC

Why you chose a homebirth: because I am disgusted by what birth has become and the only way to have a natural, intervention free birth without having to fight for it is at home, especially for a VBAC

Something we don't know about you!: I have my tongue pierced

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search