Nutrition?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are there any guidelines for nutrition that your midwives are requiring you to go by? Do you have to keep a food and supplements journal?

Mine does. At first I thought she was crazy and there was no way, lol. But, she only makes me bring in the journal for the 5 days prior to my appts. Right now, I am to take my prenatals (the kind she has for me, I have to take 6 a day!!!) and take red raspberry tincture twice a day. In addition to those, there is a list of nutritional food requirements I have to eat each day (2 fruits, 2 raw veggies, 1 leafy green, 1 orange veggie, 4 whole grains, I can't remember the rest of the top of my head and I'm sure I might have some of the numbers wrong, LOL) I'll post the correct stuff later, I'm not at home right now. I was just wondering if my midwife was the only one that made us do this. Later in pregnancy I will have other supplements I have to take as well, like Nettle Leaf I believe.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 6th, 2010, 01:29 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you a vegetarian? My midwife has already started me on a high protein diet for when I get pregnant. I keep a record of everything I eat and drink and will e-mail it to her every friday. That way she can make sure I am getting enough protein. Although if I was omnivorous, I wouldn't have to do this. I only have to do it because I am vegan.

October 6th, 2010, 03:05 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope, but she wanted me to eat healthy which i was haha. i only journaled 3 days so she could see what i was eating

nak

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
My MW tried w/ my first pregnancy, but I was hopeless. I ate way too much sugar

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

October 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not at all. Mine only did it if you showed signs of a problem. ie too much or too little weight gain or bp problems, glucose in the urine - stuff like that.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
October 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My midwives don't do this. They really try to meet their clients where they are... like if someone eats really unhealthy, they just want to help them introduce a veggie 2 times a day or something like that.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 7th, 2010, 07:32 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I don't think mine does this but i wil find out at my appt on the 29th. I hope not because im so picky i won't be able to eat a lot of stuff lol

October 7th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, mine does not even check my weight--just prenatal vitamines and flonix (iron supplement) since my last blood test came back enemic.

October 7th, 2010, 01:20 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
She has most of her clients on the Brewers Diet...she is a protein Nazi which i have been failing at with MS and all. My next appt I have to write down what i eat over a 3 day period and bring it to her. I kinda suck at eating right now...im just super picky. hoping it goes away soon.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

October 7th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
with our last birth they had me do a diary for a few days so they could see...I was TERRIBLE at remembering to write it all down....I finally got it to them way later than I was supposed to LOL....If I have to do it again this time it'll be the same LOL....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 7th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, also, she is against milk and dairy products. That's a hard one for me. I love milk and cheese. She doesn't require you to cut it out of your diet, only suggests it I guess. mommybugnbugga, no, I'm not vegetarian or anything. Oh, and the other supplement she requires starting 8 weeks before edd is Alfalfa. She doesn't weigh us, only relies on us to eat healthy I guess.

I am hoping she's really not as strict as she sounds. I have heard such great things about her, one of the best in this area. I can't wait for my next appt so I can really get to talk to her, the first appt was a bunch of history and stuff, initial paperwork and all.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

October 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
wow no lol. that would have killed me!

mine had me do a food journal for 5 days in my first trimester so she could see how I was eating, and at each appt asked how my diet had been. When I started having trouble with bp/swelling/protein she put me on a VERY strict diet, but it worked. no more problems.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

October 8th, 2010, 04:43 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
No Milk? On the brewers diet we have to eat 2 eggs a day. With out me drinking milk to get protein id be lost. lol

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

October 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe she's worried about the hormones and such in it....ask if organic milk is ok and cheese too....

I know mine will throw a fit when they find out we drink raw milk...it's unprocessed (obviously) and they say it's "risky" but my system is used to it...I dont see me switching BUT I can't tolerate it right now anyway...I gag when I take a single sip...*sniff*

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She doesn't require it, as everything is my choice, but she had a list of foods that are good for pregnancy, which my OB gave me the same list. I did use a food journal to keep track for me and her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search