Finally set an appointment

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2010, 06:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After I had posted that dh was on board....I found out I read too much into his response (yeah long story)....anyway...NOW for real...he has said he'd "let" me have a homebirth....so I FINALLY called a midwife this week....I have my first appt next tuesday. She's going to give me an order for an ultrasound (to see if there is only one)..so that IF there is more than one I can switch to an OB before I'm too emotionally connected to them LOL...(that isn't the reason we discussed but that is a big reason why)....

THe not so great news...is that while my insurance has her as an approved midwife on THEIR List...she said that that is probably from her past employer....So I dont know how that will go...Not sure if they'll just see it's the same name and count it as in network...or if they'll actually count it as out of network so I'll have a different deductible.

I also was hoping that we could file a claim before the baby is born...but that doesn't look like it'll be happening either....and so now it's a "how do we come up with 4000"....we could easily pay it with income returns which will come before baby is here....BUT we are moving and need that money for other things (paying to have a water meter put in and electricity...and buying the trailer that will be our temp home before we build)...anyway....I guess I'm not going to stress until I find out for sure I NEED to stress....but blah!

That is it I guess

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, yay for an appointment!

Second, I hope that your insurance will still cover her. If not, ask her about a payment arrangement. My midwife is so wonderful we had a lot going on during our pregnancy and finances were just, crap. My son is 7 weeks and I still haven't been able to pay her. we're waiting on money to come in so I can. She's been so supportive and understanding of everything to wait till we can get it all together for her.

That is something i would definitely talk to her. Even if maybe if you could take half of your income return and put it towards the birth and then make payments from then on out? Or split it some how like that

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah...I know usually they are pretty willing to work with you....THey want EVERYONE to be able to have a homebirth...not just the wealthy....so I'm hoping she'll work with us.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
October 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope so too Does she have a sliding scale on her fee? Mine does which was a great help for us.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search