ChicaChels

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did your appointment go with the midwife yesterday?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Update us when you can! I hope it went smoothly!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 24th, 2010, 10:05 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I was wondering the same thing, can't wait to hear the update

November 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it went well...ill update asap..typing 1 handed now bc Bry is fast asleep on me!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
November 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
glad it went well can't wait for the full update

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Things went REALLY well...We LOVED the midwife and her assistant. We're not overly religious, but DH and I were both raised with religious values, and the midwife is very God centered...my hubby is Catholic and he finds that VERY reassuring.

The midwife's name is Judy, which was my mom's name (My mom passed away when I was 17) so I feel very confident in her because of her name. (Ive never met another Judy since my mom passed) and the DEM's history is really amazing.

DH was all gung ho to agree to the homebirth, until she said she has 6 other babies due in April (only 2 due in may, but who really knows when you'll go, ya know?) and our doula did her last birth with her, and Judy was unable to make it. She has great backup, but her backup is uneasy about taking us because of our location (Judy was totally cool with it, she actually shocked us and said she does a LOT of births in our area, which blows my mind because our local hospital has (literally) a 87% c-section rate)

Sam also feels a sort of...obligation? to our current midwife, and he also is afraid of not having the time to build the rapport with Judy that we have with Heather because I am basically at the halfway point of my pregnancy..and Heather has done 1.5 worth of prenatal appts to really earn his trust, plus really stood by his side during Brylie's birth. I am definitely able to see where Sam is coming from...so we're going to stick with our hospital birth for Bebo, but 99% sure we will be homebirthing with Judy next time. I have to call her tomorrow and tell her no, which I am nervous about! I don't like making those kinds of phone calls!

Her rate is $1500, and then you pay x amount at each appt for mileage, and then $50.00 for a birth kit. She has a birth pool that is included in the price, but if the backup MW would come she does not have a birth pool. She also has a book out that I bought from her (she wrote it in jail ) and it's really helping me get to "know" her better. She was very honest and upfront about her history, she told us she has had 2 babies die after transfer (done over 1000 births) and both because they were just too big to come out on their own..both had s/d and their head was out quite awhile before their body (one was 12.8# and one was 14#) and even using the gaskin method, she was unable to get them out - and she was very honest and said that because of those losses, she monitors size pretty closely..she said almost obsessively.

all in all, it was a really, really great appt and we're so excited to work with her.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Last edited by ChicaChels; November 30th, 2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
November 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
so glad to hear it went well, i hope you get a wonderful homebirth with your next baby

December 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
great news/appt Chels!!

December 5th, 2010, 08:16 PM
it was a great appt! I am already thinking about baby #3

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: