might not get my home birth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
started to bleed brown blood today, full of mucous. The midwife said brown is old..most likely my uterus shedding the remains of my last period with my mucous plug. I checked my cervix last week and I think I was about 2cm..though I am no professional cervix checker lol.
Either way she wants me to have bags packed..she doesnt think I will hit 37 weeks because I am showing other signs of preterm labour
I dont think I will go early..I think my body is just a little over eager..and mucous plugs CAN grow back right?
and it isnt a sign of labour as it can be expelled WEEKS before labour starts..which is what she also reassured me of. I think she is being cautious..and having me be the same. But if I go before 37 weeks then I am considered preterm and have to deliver at hospital, unless I dont make it.
I hope this baby stays put for 2 more weeks! I am almost 35 weeks!!
December 4th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
((((hugs)))) I was really worried about preterm labour. It seems my whole family was born about 32 weeks. At 31 1/2 I went to L&D because I was getting a lot of B/H (like every 5 min!) But it all went away and I got my home birth at 39 1/2 weeks!!!
PAck you bag anyway - but relax, put your feet up and drink LOTS of water. Like more than you can stand. (obviously not to the point of it being toxic LOL - but you know what I mean) If you aren't totally against it - I'd say have glass of wine and sit in the bath! (that's a totally old school labour preventer!) (or tylenol if you don't want wine)
Good luck. All will be well no matter. If baby wants out now - c'est la vie. I was born at 32 weeks and only spent 11 days in the nicu. 35 should be fine - esp if baby picked it!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
December 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
LOL sooo not against wine! It was my trick with Sophia..I had alot of false labour with her..like ALOT..I have a really irritable uterus..so the midwife told me to drink a glass of wine or beer at night to calm my tummy and hel me relax enough to sleep. I cant believe I am already at that point lol. I dont have either beer or wine though..neither DH or I are drinkers..but we are going to the inlaws tomorrow..so i will grab a bottle from them..they own a wine shop lol

I know it happens ALOT..but wow..32 weeks, and not a long nicu stay? that is awesome! I hope there isnt much nursery time here..I do not want to risk our breastfeeding relationship..I dont know much abou the nursery here..there is no nicu..but the midwife said that at 35 weeks, most babies dont need the care of a nicu, a level 1 nursery is sufficent?

Last edited by sugary~snails; December 4th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
December 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Oh no! You've got to be one of my hb buddies in there, that little one needs to stay put! It sounds like your mw just doesn't want you to be surprised just in case. I hope it all settles down though.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
December 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I lost my plug at 32 weeks was 4cm and bulging bag went into pre term labor with dd2 and they stopped my labor smd She stayed in until 38 weeks. With my son I lost my plug at 35 was having contractions went to l&d was 4cm and I didn't have him until 40 weeks lol

December 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Goddesses View Post
I lost my plug at 32 weeks was 4cm and bulging bag went into pre term labor with dd2 and they stopped my labor smd She stayed in until 38 weeks. With my son I lost my plug at 35 was having contractions went to l&d was 4cm and I didn't have him until 40 weeks lol

ooooo I like the sounds of that!!!!!!!

I have everything crossed lol! I REALLY want my home birth!!!!! 2 weeks and I can do it. but I totally agree, my midwife doesnt want me surprised..she kept ending her sentances with dont panic, you could still go over due lol
December 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
I am due the same day as you, and need to make it to 37 weeks as well to have my home birth. I live in Ontario too! Oakville, to be exact.

I checked my cervix today and it was so high up I really couldn't reach it. If I did, it is soft but closed. I think I will be safe!

I hope your mw is just preparing for a just in case situation.

Good luck.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

December 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow lets make that 3 of us Due Jan 9th hoping for a home birth.
BUt for me my complication right now is my iron is too low. They won't even attempt a homebirth until I get my iron levels at acceptable levels

So means I'm taking iron like crazy these nest 2 weeks and hoping to retest again @ 36 weeks.

I'll be sending out positivie thoughts for you taht you get your birth that you want and that baby stays in there just a little longer
December 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I am in kitchener waterloo area! we are close! lol!!!!!

January 9th is a good day

I had no idea that low Iron would prevent a home birth! I hope you can get your numbers up!!!!
December 5th, 2010, 01:28 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Your plug can grow back. I lost mine with DS1 at 21w...and it grow back because I lost it again at 41w. Jan 9 was my EDD with DS1 too

December 6th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm so excited for these little babies coming in January!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search