Buying, Renting, or not bothering?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Are you going to have a tub at your birth?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 10th, 2010, 10:11 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
yes we will be buying one and then reselling it when we are done since this is our last baby

December 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Destiny
Last time my midwife provided one at no extra cost. I plan on using it again.

December 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
My midwife has one, but i want to make sure i have it through out labor to use, so i need to talk to her about it

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

December 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I believe the birth center has one they can bring here, but I'll have to ask before we talk about renting or buying one.

Expecting baby #4!

December 10th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a garden tub that was freaking fantastic last time! My best friend used our midwife's BPIAB, and OMG, I spent her ENTIRE birth with 4 pots filled with water on the stove, boiling, because it didn't maintain its own temperature. It was straight out of Little House on the Prairie. It was terrible.

December 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
used my midwife's tub (she has 2 she loans out). Cost is included in her fees. I definitely plan on doing it again.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 10th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
With Kate, we had the fishy pool, I spent HOURS in it, and yes, DH and my midwives were boiling water on the stove to keep the temp up.

With Paul, I wanted to get in the tub around 330pm, but it wasn't set up, we had the La Bassine, it took a while to set up, but I really blame that on us not being prepared, since I delivered at 37 weeks and we thought I had another month (I had delivered at 41 weeks in the past!). I got in the tub around 5 and Paul was born a little after 6, the tub maintained its temp perfectly. We rented it from my midwives for $100.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
I am not having a tub. Last time I just hung out in the bath tub until 2nd stage and then I didn't want to be wet anymore. We have a 2 story house and I don't want to mess with the mess of having a pool.

December 10th, 2010, 06:50 PM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are in an apartment..and I wouldnt want to somehow damage the floors..running a hose to keep a supply of warm water would be hard..as would emptying it. I would love the experience one day..but the cleaning would be our responsibility..and I dont want to worry about it after birth..and neither does DH. our midwives do have three that they loan out
December 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine came in the price of my midwifes services. Neither time did I deliver in it. The 2nd time it hit so fast I couldn't move to get into it. So 3rd home birth, im not bothering haha.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 12th, 2010, 10:30 PM
NiKA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we are renting I guess you could call it. A friend of ours bought one and we're using her's (with our own liner ect)
December 13th, 2010, 07:58 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought the La Bassine. I'm glad I bought it because I plan to use it for my next birth in the future. I didn't have a waterbirth, but I did spend some time in it. I like having it up and ready just in case I want to labor in it or give birth in it.
December 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I plan on buying one from Denise most likely lol.

December 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I rented one from my midwife - the has a TheraSpa - worth every penny!!

December 16th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yikes, 1 more question to ask my midwife.

We have a large juccuzzi tub here that I will probably labor in, though I've heard that it won't be good for the actual birth. But I've also heard that with plastic tablecloths it won't be an issue. Our midwife is going to come over to make an assessment at a later date.

We're considering the birth being on our back deck so we will need a tub/pool. Not sure where that will come from, but I have until summer to decide.
December 16th, 2010, 04:42 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
we rented one from our midwife....i ended up buying one too because i go a great deal on it at a baby sale in town, which we didn't end up using but i am going to re-sale it

December 16th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
renting one from our midwife....it's only a 50.00 rental...and we have to provide our own liner.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search