Hello, I am new!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2010, 04:32 PM
renaekathleen's Avatar Member
Hello folks.

My name is Renae, I am 24, and live in Seattle. I found out on Monday the 13th that I am pregnant. It was unplanned, but my boyfriend and I are quite excited (and seemingly getting more so daily!). I haven't seen my midwife yet (my first appointment is on Wednesday), but according to my own calculations, I am due on August 18th. This is my first pregnancy, and although it seemed a bit of a daunting undertaking at first, I am hoping very much that everything goes according to plan and this little tadpole turns into a baby.

We are currently living separately, but decided to get a place together for obvious reasons, and found a very nice place on Friday. I everything goes according to plan, this new home is where I will give birth. I am very excited to have the kind of birth experience that I frequently hear about with home births.

I found out that my insurance only covers CNMs, and of the CNMs they cover, only one does home birth. She was not at all responsive to my voicemails, and since I think this is the sort of situation where a very responsive person is required, we are most likely going to go with another midwife who comes highly recommended (the one with whom I have an appointment on Wednesday) and just pay out of pocket.

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself!

http://www.renaekathleen.com/pregz/
December 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Welcome!

December 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!!! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy nine months, and I can't wait to get to know you better and "tag" along on your homebirth journey!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search