Which Room?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We all know when it comes down to it, we usually just play things by ear. But do you have a room in your home that you are planning on giving birth, or setting everything up at?

January 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
We set up the pool in our kitchen/dinning room, just off the living room that had the fold out couch. He was born in the water, and then we moved to our bedroom

January 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking our basement - it will be summer so that will be the coolest room in the house but we have a heater we can turn on if it's too chilly. I can also dim the lights and it should be easy to fill up the tub through the water heater (from what I hear). I've gone into labor late night/very early morning with both my girls, so I won't have to worry about waking the kids when I'm in labor.

January 5th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we had only one possible location for the birth tub. in the space between the living room and dining room, against the pantry door and 3 feet from the front door. Not a prime location, but the only choice. We also set up the bed just in case we needed to or decided to birth there.

with our new house we have a lot more options, but likely we'll set up the birth tub in the dining room when we head down that road again.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Our tub will be in the den and I will hopefully give birth in the water if not then the living room I'm trying to stay downstairs

January 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The tub will bet up in our living room most likely as I don't think there is anywhere else to put it. And I am hoping to give birth ing there

January 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
We are setting up our bed, but plan to be in our bath tub. We will wake the girls when I am pushing.... I am so excited!!!!!
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

January 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
With Kate's birth, we set the tub up in the living room, and I spent my whole labor in there. With Paul's birth, we set the tub up in the bedroom, and my plan was to labor in my room the whole time, but we had difficulties setting the tub up so I spent labor in the master bathroom, the guest bathroom and the living room. I did deliver in our bedroom and crawled right into my bed after.... pure bliss.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still up in the air. Possibly on the back deck. Maybe in our tub in the bedroom. Maybe a birthing tub elsewhere... May have the bed set up too, but I'm mostly interested in waterbirth.
January 6th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...if we complete school when I want to for the kids...I will pack up the school room (we will be moving shortly after baby is born) and then we will have an entire room we can devote to it. If we AREN"T finished with school I might do the same thing anyway and just keep out what we MUST have.....so anyway....HOPEFULLY we'll do that....it has a back sliding door that goes outside...I imagine we'll just put a blanket over that to cut down the light AND privacy (since the neighbors behind us could possibly see in)....I'm not really sure how we are going to fill our tub though....the water in the kitchen seriously runs slower than a trickle...we have FL washer/dryer so the washer is HEAVY but I'm thinking that that hot water spout will be the best bet....Dh will be OH so happy about THAT project LOL!!!! I think I"ll have him fill it with straight hot water earlier...to give the hot water heater time to reheat....so that I can also use the shower....I loved the shower last time...and went to the tub to push....I'm hoping to have enough hot water to accomplish both....THIS is when I will miss the birthing center's fabulous never ending hot water LOL!!!!

If we DONT do it in the school room we'll probably push the dining room table over and the couch more into the living room and make a space there.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
We are going to set up the pool in the dinning room. fingers crossed i labor at night so little one is asleep!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

January 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had the tub in the living room - but i ended up in my bed! If I were to do it again I think I'd put the tub in my room or the spare room. I felt kinda weird trying to give birth in my living room. I wanted my cave.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 17th, 2011, 04:30 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on the master bedroom/bathroom. Depending on how big the tub is, it will go in the bathroom, otherwise I plan on making my hubby move the furniture over a little so we have some extra room and set up shop there. We live in a two story house with all the rooms being upstairs and I would feel more comfortable up there.
January 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
I'm really hoping to set up the tub in my bedroom and if I have to birth in my bed then I will. We will have to see what the MW says is best though.
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

January 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The birth kit was on the dinning room table, pool in the dinning room, and some chux in the living room and bed room. I gave birth in the living room.
January 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mommy to girls
I am not sure this time around. With my first homebirth, I delivered in our bed. With the second, I delivered in our master bath. I have a big jacuzzi tub. The first time, i though I might be interested in a water birth. The second I got in, I wanted right back out! With the last birth, I had no intention on birthing in the tub but wanted to get in for some pain relief for a while. Once I got in, I didn't want to get out. I will say that I prefered the birth on my bed. The tub was rather...nasty afterwards. Bed clean up was not as bad. Also, I like the idea that when we eventually move, I will be taking our bed with us and will always have it with us. just an extra memory I guess...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search