Check In Time!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
How is everyone doing? New babies, pregnancies, everything.... Tell us how its going! And share a picture too if you can!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 13th, 2011, 07:02 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Doing good! Just started testing my blood this last week since i had GD with my last. so far my numbers are good! My daytime numbers are awesome and my fasting number are on the high side of normal..but awsome compared to last time. Hoping they stay down. My midwife will still allow a homebirth even if my GD comes back as long as my numbers are good and in control. They were last time..my daughter was only 7lbs. Its weird because i have no predetermining factors for GD. No family history, never been over weight, but the 3rd tri of my last pregnancy my family suffered a huge tragedy, and personally think the stress played a big part in my high sugar numbers. we shall see. Waiting for my tax return to pay my midwife and order my hypnobabies kit! Very excited!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

January 13th, 2011, 07:42 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing good! I am amost 7 weeks, and get to see my m/w on Tuesday. I cna't wait! I was questioning my decision to have a homebirth and then I watch "The Business of Being Born" and wow, did it ever remind me that I was doing the right thing. DH (he is deployed) got a copy of it and watched it too, and he said as much as he was hesitant about a homebirth, he now knows that we are doing the right thing provided there are no surprises or emergencies that come up. Like Bre, with our tax return, I am going to go ahead and pay my midwife (if we pay off early, for each month prior to 36 weeks, we recieved a $25 per month discount....so I will actually get around $250 discount...yippee!) as well as order the hypnobabies. I will be to early to use it, but I want to go ahead while we have the money to order it. Plus, I downloaded their free relaxation track and wow, that is amazing. I love it!

January 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Doing good. I'm busy with homeschooling and trying to finish the year before the baby comes means extra work for the kids but it'll be worth it to not have to school after he is born. I have my next midwife appt next week. Our insurance is screwy and I'm hoping I can convince my midwife to make up a "bill" so that we can submit it and see if insurance will go ahead and work on paying it....they usually wait until after you've paid and baby is born to make up a receipt so that we can be reimbursed. I'm hoping I can convince her otherwise....crossing fingers

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Sounds like everyone is doing well! Glad to hear it!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Doing great here, 21 weeks today! Feeling those little kicks and punches all the time now. Also waiting on our tax return to pay off the midwife and order my birthing tub and birth kit as well as get out newborn stash of cloth diapers So far everything with the pregnancy is going great, lost 9lbs in the beginning but im back up 6lbs now YAY so im feeling better about that. DH is set to deploy around my due date but we found out his command is going to let him stay back until i have the baby then he will leave 10 days later. I have my next appt on the 27th and im so excited...i love going to the midwife and just talking and getting to know eachother better and build a bond. But overall everything is going great

January 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hanging out here NOT pregnant, TTC this fall. Will be planning another homebirth, but this time with backup care from an OB. I really need to get on it and make an appointment with him and see if he's willing. I really hope he is.

January 14th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're doing good here! I'm 9 weeks and starting to feel better. My energy isn't completely back, but I figure that's my body's way of telling me to take it easy. My DD's talk about the baby almost everyday so I'm hoping as we get near the end, they have a good understanding of what is going on. My mom mentioned the home birth while I was visiting last weekend, and she seemed to have a small hint of disapproval in her voice, but didn't say anything negative. She said that her and my father would be happy to come over and take the girls when I'm in labor but I need to be sure she is 100% supportive before I agree to having her here.

Expecting baby #4!

January 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just found out I am pregnant and am going for a vbac at home. I really hope this time we can stay home. Kelly I wish I could find a ob willing to do back up. Right now I am just trying to figure out what midwife I want to use. My last midwife is a town away and doesn't have vbac experience. I think I will set up interviews for next week today.

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
January 14th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how hard they are to find. There is one who will (my midwife's back up - she is one of the only midwives in the city that has one - she seems to have a way with doctors), and one who *might*.

I don't want to go with the backup, because while he might support VBAC, he's not in the best hospital to do so. I really want the super amazing, midwife-like doc at the hospital with the best mom and baby policies. He also will (gently) induce VBAC if necessary, which is really important to me. He is supposed to be so awesome, and I know HE would, but he has the unfortunate habit of running his controversial decisions past his partners. *sigh*

Please keep us posted on your midwife search! I hope you can find a good one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search