Going on a Cruise, need a note

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since this is our first child DH and I have decided to take a "babymoon" cruise.
Today we were looking over some details and found that the cruise will only let pregnant women onboard up to 24 weeks and only with a doctor's note.

I will be 18 weeks at the time of the trip but my DH says our midwife is not a doctor and they won't accept a note from her.
I have BIG issues with medical doctors and their offices, which is the primary reason for my deciding on homebirth to begin with. The thought of going to a medical office for a stupid note makes me ill. I'm already having nightmares of them poking at my cervix and then lecturing me on how I need a zillion tests and ultrasounds, shouldn't have a homebirth and need to go to their hospital...

Has anyone here ever needed a doctor's note for anything? Was your midwife an acceptable doctor?
January 16th, 2011, 05:29 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
If you Midwife is a CNM if should be fine I would think!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

January 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You might try just handing them the note and not saying anything about whether it's a "doctor" or not...she's your primary care provider while pregnant...you need HER "permission"

Or if you aren't showing...I'd just not say anything maybe?!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the replies.

This is kind of frustrating, we had no idea these rules existed on cruises. Which by the way, is standard on all cruise lines. I can understand there being an issue with a woman who is near her due date, but 24 weeks! Ugh, we're just trying to take a relaxing vacation before our family life begins and all our time(and money!) is taken up with kids.

I have an appointment on Friday with my midwife so I'll bring it up then. I did just realize she sometimes works with an OBGYN, so if needed maybe she could get this note from him.

I considered just not saying anything, but they require the note be faxed before we step on the boat. Also I have no idea how my stomach may look then. Maybe I'll look pregnant, maybe I'll just look fat?
January 18th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I would think a note from your m/w would be fine... Good luck! Where is your cruise??

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well if the note is required before if you fax it in soon maybe you'll already have the "accepted or denied" in time to not worry much about it....HUGS....Hope you get it all figured out!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search