Hmm...well...that went ok

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We were at my IL's last night for dinner...MIL pipes up with "so are you going to have this one at the birthing center like you did Olive?"....first of all I'm surprised they even remembered...second I was kind of shocked that she asked...she's usually a "doesn't ask unless the convo is started by me" type of person...anyway...so I said...no it's closed....we haven't really decided....(which is an *ahem* lie) but anyway...I said I really dont want to go back to the hospital, so it's either that or a homebirth...we are leaning toward homebirth (just feeling her out)....

She didn't really respond...she probably will after we leave....dh didn't really want them knowing but I can't really stand just bold face lying and this opens it up to them knowing...we did ask that they keep it to themselves because we dont want his grandparents and so on "informing" us like they do on other things about how we are endangering lives...lol...so anyway....I *THINK* it went ok...we'll see if she brings it up again....

Since the ice is broken I *MIGHT* ask her to get involved and help with the kids for during the labor/birth if she wants and if it's during the day. Not sure. We'll have to play that by ear.

Anyway...so MIL (and FIL if he was paying attention) officially know....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
January 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear it went better than expected Crossing my fingers she will be there to help with the kids

January 25th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's always difficult to gauge how someone will react to the "shocking" news that one would deliberately plan to give birth at home. I thought my IL's would be horrified. Turns out they were all for it and MY dad was the one who flipped out. Go figure.

Hopefully, they will warm up to the idea and be of assistance with your other kiddos when the time comes.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
January 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Things went very similarly with my mom. I thought she would flip! But she didnt say anything. And hasnt said anything since. I am really confused about it lol. Im glad it went better than expected. Hopefully it stays that way.

January 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm glad the ice was broken a bit. You will have to update us as to how/if she says anything again.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We've visited since this time and she didn't say a word....I'll keep you posted if she ever does....still deciding on if I want her here for the birth or not to take care of the older kids....we'll see....I've got time to think about it! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search