1st trimester check in!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
If you are in your first trimester check in with us here!

How long were you TTC?
Do you have any symptoms yet?
How and why did you decide on a homebirth?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long were you TTC? lol, we weren't TTC yet. We were waiting until this summer
Do you have any symptoms yet? Not too many...I had a few days of quesiness, but that is it.
How and why did you decide on a homebirth? We decided on a homebirth before we even decided when we were going to TTC. We decided on it because (1) I didn't want to be pressured into interventions and the hospitals here have high intervention rates, (2) I have 2 children already, on of which is a toddler who hates to be away from me. Neither one of them could handle me being in a hospital for 2 or 3 days. (3) All the statistics that show how much better a home birth is for the bonding of the family.

February 8th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
So glad the nausea has subsided! I had such a hard time with mine during my last pregnancy!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 9th, 2011, 12:56 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
First Trimester here, going into the second.

How long were you TTC? The question for us would be more of when are you not trying to conceive.

Do you have any symptoms yet? I think this has been the easiest one so far. Did throw up some but nothing to compare with some of my past pregnancies.

How and why did you decide on a homebirth? After not making it to the hospital with two we just decided we better stay home from now on. I also decided after having two unassisted that I liked not being told how I was to birth.

February 9th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm at the tail end of the 1st trimester, too

How long were you TTC? We weren't

Do you have any symptoms yet? Most of my 1st tri symptoms have disappeared. My nausea is gone, my boobs are still a bit sore though. I'm starting to see heartburn and some of the other "fun" pregnancy symptoms creep up now.

How and why did you decide on a homebirth? I want a home birth because I like the idea of being able to stay home, in my environment when I labor and give birth. I think I'll be more comfortable and it will be less stressful than getting in the car and going somewhere while I'm in labor. My first 2 labors were not slow (8 and 6 hours) so I assume this one could be shorter and I don't want to take the chance of leaving the house too late.

Expecting baby #4!

February 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I've entered into tri 2 now maybe?

1. We were trying to conceive starting in about May. Our plan was that if I still had my period in December, we were going to a doctor.

2. I've been pretty lucky as far as symptoms go(knock on wood). Sore boobs which has gone away and VERY TIRED. Lots of cravings recently, but mostly for candy and junk.

3. I saw Business of Being Born about a year ago and was interested in a non-hospital birth. My husband was not on board until we went to visit the hospital and I nearly had a panic attack. I have BIG personal issues with doctors, hospitals, and most modern medicine. Giving birth in a hospital is pretty much my worst nightmare com etrue, so lets hope this pregnancy continues as well as it's begun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search