Better you than me...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
that is what my DAD said....well he then corrected it to "well put it this way if it were MY baby it wouldn't be born at home" meaning my mom....so anyway...He heard a news story about a lady in MO (springfield) who had a baby and the midwife encouraged them to stay home even up to 48 hours after the water broke...and so on and so on....I looked it up....the lady that was the midwife wasn't certified (she lied to the parents) and "had a bad reputation in CO for dialing 911 and running when a mom was bleeding after birth" (which made me wonder what the midwifery laws there are since many midwives have to be under the radar)....anyway....the article did NOT put a good spin on homebirths....or on midwives....it was really frustrating but really...seriously...DAD do you think I'm going to do something to purposely HURT myself or my BABY!!!??

I assured him my midwife's credentials were intact and that she was even approved by the insurance company AND That she's a CNM meaning she's also been to nursing school....he isn't comfortable with it and is just now voicing his opinion....I think I'm going to have to have a talk with my mom and let her know that if he's not comfortable he can stay home if he wishes (he's been to all the births)....cause I dont need someone giving me a bad vibe in labor....

I said "I had Olive out of hospital" his response was yes but that was more controlled it was a clean environment...Um yeah dad....same midwife group...they are trained for all incidents AND my house will be clean for teh birth...why would I sanitize in February when he's not coming til May...duh..I HAVE FOUR KIDS...lol...ugh....

Anyway...had to share....dh just laughed and said dont worry...just tell him not to come if he doesn't wanna! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
February 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
The bacteria in your home is way safer then that at the hospital. YOu baby is already use to your enviroment...one of many reasons homebirth is safer..IMO.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

February 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry he isn't being supportive of your choices. Homebirth is a foreign concept to some so he's probably just worried.
February 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah...I told him the "our germs are safer than foreign germs" thing...I know he is just worried....but there are times when you just keep your thoughts to yourself...he usually isn't too much like this....but it is still frustrating....anyway..thanks for listening

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search