Contraction timers?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
When does your m/w want you to contact her about your contractions?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Lindsey608's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lindsey608
Wrong forum Christine?

March 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yup, totally posted this in my PR! I need coffeee!!!!!!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
March 25th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ha ha ha....oopsie!

We'll call her when we expect it to be the real deal. I think that she still goes by the "five minutes apart for 2 hours" type of thing....but she also said that if I know it's the real deal and they aren't coming in that interval to call....really depends more on how I'm handling them rather than how far apart they are....if I can't talk thru them anymore she'll be on her way LOL....

If allowed to get too close together I'll be having this baby without her LOL....Once I hit about 5 or 4 minutes apart and they are painful...it's usually about pushing time. I go from 6/7 to pushing in a matter of minutes LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
March 25th, 2011, 06:35 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
She said when I feel like its true labor. With all my babies my contractions started at 3-4 min apart so its hard to judge for me sometimes

April 3rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anything that feels "different" that leads me to believe this is it.I was nearly two weeks "late" with Eve, and that last week I kept in contact with her, either with a message on her office machine saying "nope, no changes" or a call to her pager saying "uhhhh.... somethings going on" LOL I can't remember the number of times DH paged her. I felt really badly for bothering her so much, but she told me she appreciated it so she could plan accordingly. I had a long prodromal labor, and to be honest even though I knew it was going to be a day or two, I needed to check in more for support than anything else, I just needed someone to say "I know it's been a long time, I know it hurts, but you're doing good and it will turn out okay" but she didn't need to be there or anything. This might sound creepy, but I just needed to hear her encouraging voice periodically through that part of labor. When I was in actual active labor, we called and told her that I was certain the baby would be there SOON. Se told me to call her when the contractions got overwhelming or fell into a pattern. Well that never happened LOL So finally DH called her and she said she was coming and it's a good thing he did, because she was only there a half hour before the baby had been born. She lived a half hour away so if we had waited any longer, we would have had an unassisted, or probably her assistant would have at least been there because she lived in our town, only a few minutes away- she got there a while before the midwife

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search