This baby has an eviction date!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so no I'm not getting induced, and totally had to start a new thread for this. I found out tonight that my mom is now planning on booking her flight to come on Easter, as it will be quite cheap. (She was going to wait until after baby arrived.) Here's the thing... no one but you ladies, my hubby and a few friends know I'm having a home birth! I know I shouldn't keep this from my own mom, and plan on telling everyone after, but I just didn't want any negativity before and now I'm freaking out that she will physically be in our house as cupcake is being born. I really don't know how she or anyone else will take this, but my family seems to be more "traditional" - hospital w/ epi, no breastfeeding and I think most of them are all for every vax out there... well I'm the opposite of all of that and wow are they going to be shocked when they find out! I know, I'm a horrible daughter! =/ So I really really need some labor vibes and really really hope my cupcake is almost done baking, b/c I really don't want to have to explain the big pool in the master bedroom before baby arrives

On a happier note, I made the onesie that will tell everyone how my daughter will be born And I also made my nursing cover. (I must mention that I can barely sew!) LOL

April 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH wow! Did she already buy her ticket? I might tell her before hand, because you don't want that stress of her being there and having a huge elephant in the room or in this case a pool! HAHA

But seriously, maybe she will be really uncomfortable and not want to be there... ? Is she staying with you or at a hotel?

P.s. Cute onsesie!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
April 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no!

I agree, I would tell her before she flies out.

And the onesie is adorable!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we had my appt today and I was talking to my hubby about telling my mom if she decided to come out on Easter. My mw thinks I may not go til next week, so when I talked to my mom and informed her of this she decided to wait. WHEW! Had she not, I was going to tell her b/c I figured at least she would have a few days to get over it and hopefully not be negative if that is how she was going to be. If cupcake decides to come before Easter, my mom can still get her ticket and by then it will be too late to really be negative about it! And yes she would be staying w/ us, which will be great for when she's helping.

TY for the compliments on the onesie, I cannot wait til my baby girl gets to wear it!!!
April 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
mommybugnbugga's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad everything worked out for yoU! And I too LOVE the onsie!

April 21st, 2011, 12:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad the situation resolved its self. LOVE the onsie as well, very cute.
April 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
aww....glad it all worked out....CUTE shirt

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
April 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute shirt! Glad your mom adjusted her plans!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search