So excited to have a homebirth!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
Hi all! My name is Lindsey and I'm pregnant with my second baby. With my daughter I considered homebirth, but I was a little nervous because I had NO clue what labor would be like. I settled on a freestanding birthing center and told myself after I experienced one labor I'd shoot for the next one to be at home. Well, the birth center I was going to was an hour and a half from my house. I labored at home a tad too long and my daughter ended up being born in the car on the way there delivered by her father. Now I KNOW we can do the whole thing at home!

I'm currently living in PA but will be in NC by my due date in Dec. I found a wonderful homebirth midwife practice and will hopefully be able to meet with them on my next trip to NC. In the meantime, I'm seeing a midwife at a local OB practice here and I'm less than impressed. The midwife is fine, I'm just not used to going to a huge practice where I'm just a number. My birth center midwives knew my family and me very well and I could call at any time and just say "Hi, this is Lindsey" and they'd recognize my voice. What a difference this has been! Not to mention, this pregnancy has been pretty challenging because I have a large subchorionic hemorrhage and I never know if the stuff they are requesting is necessary or not. Not to speak negatively of obstetricians, but they do make me nervous. I'm only 12 weeks pregnant and I've already had 4 ultrasounds. They insist they have to keep measuring the size of the bleed, but I can't help but wonder if my midwives would agree or regard this as unnecessary ultrasound exposure, ya know?

Anyway, I've rambled long enough! I'm happy to be here (I actually already know some of you!) and read stories from all of you inspiring ladies.

June 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, glad you are on the path to the birth you want. I'd love to hear the birth story of your first baby, sounds like an adventure.
June 3rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Lindsey and congrats on your pregnancy!

Expecting baby #4!

June 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'd also love to hear the birth story of your first!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
June 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
Thanks girls!

I posted my birth story in my DDC, so I'm assuming it's now in the PR, but I'll have to go dig it up. Long story short, I was supposed to give birth at a birth center an hour and a half away. They told me not to come in until I was pretty far into labor, so I waited it out at home. My water broke at 3am, and we decided to head in and at least let them check me. Well, we were driving down the highway and I told DH I was pushing! I hit the hazards, dialed 911 on my cell, handed him the phone and said "Pull over! She's coming!" He ran around the side of the car and fortunately he'd paid a lot of attention during Lamaze so he knew what was going on and what to do and he delivered her in the front seat of our car! lol! By the time the paramedics arrived she was all wrapped up in my arms and nursing very well.

I have my fingers crossed that my next labor will be as smooth and easy. I have this vision of me giving birth in bed with DH and DD next to me and I really, really want that!

Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to get to know you all better in the coming months.

June 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ha! That would have happened to me, too, if I lived that far from the birth center that I delivered my second daughter. By the time I got to the birth center that was only 5 minutes away, I was pushing 30 min later and she was born a little less than an hour later. That's why we decided to go with a home birth this time, because we live much further from the birth center this time. Kudos to your dh for keeping his cool... mine would have freaked out!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search