FDA Seizes Birth Pools

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is ridiculous. The FDA has seriously lost all of my trust, this was the last straw for me!

FDA Seizes Birth Pools in Portland, OR ----- X-Posted

Sorry if this was already posted; I don't post regularly here anymore and I glanced down the topics and didn't see it. I thought you all would be interested in knowing what's going on. I might have misunderstood my midwife but I think she said women can no longer use birth pools and we will have to give birth in makeshift tubs like kiddie pools and other items not intended for birth. I hope I misunderstood her!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
June 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My family doctor posted this...it's RIDICULOUS...in that case we should have our beds, couches, showers, etc taken away because it will be where we birth. Who do they think they are kidding...ugh...I lost trust in the FDA a long time ago...just wish there was something realistic that could be done about them! argh

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
June 7th, 2011, 06:47 AM
well I just had it confirmed by my midwife that on July 7th, all birth pools must be returned to the manufacturers to be destroyed

Click the blinkies!

June 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Spa in a Box can still be used!

Click the blinkies!

June 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Is this a permanent thing? I am nowhere near deciding to have another baby as I am divorced and not looking for a relationship right now, but I would love to be married again and have more children...like 5 more ...in the future and was really hoping for a water birth. Will we just need to use "not-birth" pools to have water births at home? I really don't want to have another hospital birth and I was planning on at least laboring in the pool if not actually birthing in a pool. This is so dumb...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 8th, 2011, 07:17 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I read this on facebook today...looks like they have released them again!

June 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear they released them, they should have never seized them in the first place

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search