How do I convince myself?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2011, 08:33 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want this homebirth SO bad, but I'm terrified. I don't know exactly what I'm afraid of, its a mix of things. I'm afraid of the pain, I'm afraid something will go horribly wrong. I don't feel like I can tell DH how scared I am cause then he will change his mind. I read positive things all the time and that makes me feel better but only for a little while. I'm worried that if I keep having these doubts then I will fail. I'm worried that I'm not the kind of woman who can really do this. How do you convince ypurself this is right for you. I meet with the midwife on the 6th, should I bring this up to her?

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

June 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal to be worried about birth. Woman going to hospitals have fears too. One thing that has helped me is watching videos. Seeing so many positive births reminds me that I can do this. I own Business of Being Born, but there are also tons of videos on You Tube that you can view.
June 25th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely normal fears/concerns. Will this be your first natural birth? I had three inductions/hospital births with epidurals before my first home birth. I wasn't sure what to expect for pain at a home birth but it was not bad at all! I was at an 8-9 before it became hard to work through contractions but in the hospital with pitocin I was begging for pain relief at 5cm. This will be our 4th home birth and the difference is amazing. The ability to labor in a familiar space, eat what and when you want and be surrounded by care providers who believe in natural birth is very empowering.
June 27th, 2011, 12:35 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will be my first natural birth. My first war a vaginal delivery, she was "sunny side up" which gave me HORRIBLE back labor and I ended up getting the epidural.
My second was an emergency c-section after 23 hours of med free labor.
My third was a repeat c-section.
My fourth was a VBAC in a hospital. I loved my Dr and the staff. They never once asked me if I wanted any medication but then again they wouldn't let me get into the tub that was in my room because I was a VBAC so I did end up getting the epidural. I do believe I could have gone all the way if I was allowed to do what I wanted.
I'm just really scared of the whole situation and what ifs?

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

June 27th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS....I definitely would talk to your midwife about your fears. It's totally normal...I did GREAT with my anxiety until I made it to my due date lol...THEN I starting thinking OH GOSH this is gonna happen soon! LOL...anyway...HUGS....I had three hospital births though they were without epi's....then a birthing center birth and then my homebirth...anyway...definitely talk about it with your midwife...

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search