Mind if I join?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
We are now officially planning a homebirth for our baby (due in September)! My first two births were born in a hospital (due mainly to lack of other options) and not very pleasant experiences. With our 3rd I just couldn't have another hospital birth so we found a fantastic midwife/free-standing birth center and had a wonderful birth experience with her! I would have happily went back to that same birth center, except we live 2000 miles away now! We looked into a few birth centers here but one was very medical (might as well be a hospital) and the other was just too far of a drive and made me very nervous as my labor with my 3rd son was very fast! Then I met with a homebirth midwife who I really liked and DH (amazingly) jumped on board with the idea pretty fast!

I love the idea of having the baby at home, not having to get dressed or worry about driving anywhere. I can just picture going into labor, getting in my own tub to relax, giving birth in there, getting out and relaxing on my own comfortable bed. Never having to worry about what my other kids are doing or stressing that my DH will have to miss out on anything to watch the other kids at a birth center or hospital. It's all just very appealing to me! But I'll confess I do have a certain amount of fear, I suppose thats normal though. We live pretty close to several hospitals so if there is an emergency it would be a quick drive and fast response from EMS if needed. I guess it's just all the 'what ifs' that come with the unknown that makes me a little nervous.

Well I'll stop rambling now lol! Look forward to posting with everyone!

Facebook
June 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good to have you here and glad you are planning a positive birth experience.
June 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My first three were hospital births and now we are planning our fourth home birth. Looking forward to getting to know you
June 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome that wonderful your planning a homebirth. I just had my first homebirth and it was such an amazing and empowering experience

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search