Finally meeting the HB MW

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
*Update* ~ She's coming over Saturday (7/23) evening

She called today and is out of town for a conference and the past couple weeks we've had conflicting schedules but we're finally going to do our consultation next week She's going to give me a call on Monday to schedule a day/time. So excited!!! I keep having dreams about a home birth and in it I see candles lit in my room and smell the scent from them - I wish I could recognize what it is, it must be at night because it's very peaceful (that's the only time my kids are quiet lol), and it was just such a calm and relaxing feeling.

I'm hoping that by her coming over dh will feel more comfortable with the idea and we can fit it into our (tight) budget.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Last edited by 10x_A_Mommy; July 18th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
July 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear this good news. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
July 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear things are working out for you! Let us know how the consult goes!

July 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Our consult made my husband feel great about the whole homebirth even more than he did before. Just meeting our midwives and talking to them/asking questions made him feel 100% better! Good luck!
July 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalezer View Post
Our consult made my husband feel great about the whole homebirth even more than he did before. Just meeting our midwives and talking to them/asking questions made him feel 100% better! Good luck!
Thanks! I hope I have the same outcome.

I know the 2 things he's worried about most are: something happening to me or baby and the cost.

I'll get statistics from her as far as complications, and she's already told me "do NOT let money decide this for you" She said if this is something I really want, we'll work something out, even if it's $10/week.

I don't really have a whole lot of questions for her that I can think of, so I hope I don't leave out anything important. Having given birth 7 times I'm just a little familiar with the natural birth process lol, so most of my questions are little things like - how to file for the birth cert and ss#, what supplies might I need in addition to the birth kit, what do I tell ppl in the case of transfer (I'm in Indiana so it's illegal for midwives to attend home births).........stuff like that. I guess my biggest question for her is - how long is she comfortable leaving me be after rupture and what natural methods of induction does she suggest. My water broke early in my last 4 pregnancies and labor did not follow within the 12 hour guideline my CNM had to follow and I was induced.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search