I'm..

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 05:23 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
[a Doula!!]

Who would have guessed, lol

[I have my first client who is due in September, shes so awesome! I cannot wait to put all my skills & training to good use. It's a home birth too, so big plus! I always felt like my calling in life would be something in the birthing field, so I'm totally thrilled that I finally took the initiative to get proper training and certification!

Did anyone here use a Doula?]

July 21st, 2011, 07:16 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
Congrats!!! I used a doula for the first time in my 7th delivery and don't know how the heck I made it through my first 6 labors without one. I'll be using the same one this time.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

I didn't have a doula last time, but I'm not sure about next time. It depends on whether or not I find somebody I'm comfortable with I suppose.

Me: Autoimmune (Hashimotos and Fibromyalgia), vitamin D and calcium deficiency. Treated with Synthroid, supplements, TCM and acupuncture.

DH: Severe MFI (low counts, low motility, poor morphology and high antibodies), likely caused by poor liver function. Treated with Clomid to increase total counts.

DD: Conceived after 1 year of TTC with progesterone to correct LPD (likely caused by undiagnosed thyroid dysfunction). Born Aug 2009 via c/s after an induction due to pre-e and HELLP.

TTC #2 since Oct10 with an early loss in Aug 2011. Post-wash counts are too low for IUI to be successful, so moving on to IVF/ICSI in May 2014!

IVF/ICSI #1 (May 2014): Estrogen priming and antagonist protocol, including acupuncture and prayer!
17/05/14 - Baseline looks good, start Gonal-F 225iu and Luveris 75iu
28/05/14 - 18 eggs retrieved, 14 mature
29/05/14 - 13 fertilized!!! All are looking great still on day 3, so we're going to blast!
02/06/14 - Transferred one 1BC blast, with 3 other blasts and 3 morulas to watch and freeze
03/06/14 - All embryos have arrested. None to freeze
09/06/14 - Faint BFP at home at 7dp5dt!!!!!
10/06/14 - Beta?
July 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
thats awesome! Congrats!!! I start my training soon

July 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats to you!
We're using a Doula, who was also our birth instructor. So happy to have her on board.
July 21st, 2011, 10:38 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I've been looking into it but with such needy children and another on the way I don't know how I would get away for seminars and what not. was it difficult? How long did it take you? Who did you go through? I was thinking about CAPPA.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

July 21st, 2011, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
July 22nd, 2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nik*Re~ View Post
That's awesome! I've been looking into it but with such needy children and another on the way I don't know how I would get away for seminars and what not. was it difficult? How long did it take you? Who did you go through? I was thinking about CAPPA.
I don't think its really difficult per say, but it is certainly demanding. Lots of reading and classes you need to take, not sure about CAPPA, but I'm going through DONA. Thankfully I've networked in my area & found two great mentors and even made friends with my DONA state rep, so I have lots of advice and support close by.

You can always start your training process, there are lots of books to read, so you can always start reading those before you start your certification course. I know mine is good for 2 years as well as the childbirth education classes I've taken, so you can always go about it a slower pace!

July 24th, 2011, 10:23 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whoo hoo congrats!! September is almost here I didn't have a doula for my birth, but I want the least amt of ppl around as possible. =/
July 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Regular
my mom is going to be my Doula.

August 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm interested in this as well. I don't think right now is the right time yet, but hats off to you!!! Would you mind sharing what books are on the list? I'm reading Spiritual Midwifery now.

and introducing Julia Pearl
August 14th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Congrats!!! I'm going to my Doula workshop in september and hope to start accepting births soon after! I didnt have a Doula for my two births so far, though I want one for our next
September 3rd, 2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.Eyes4351 View Post
I'm interested in this as well. I don't think right now is the right time yet, but hats off to you!!! Would you mind sharing what books are on the list? I'm reading Spiritual Midwifery now.
This is the list, well its for DONA, but all these books are ah-mazing!

http://www.dona.org/PDF/5RequiredRea...t--8-21-08.pdf

And I absolutely love Ina May, shes such an inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalezer View Post
Congrats!!! I'm going to my Doula workshop in september and hope to start accepting births soon after! I didnt have a Doula for my two births so far, though I want one for our next
Congratulations & I wish you all the best with your journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search