Food/drink during labor

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 09:11 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
What was some of your favorite things to eat? Did you have trouble eat or keeping food down? What was your must have drink or food item?

For me i had to have my smartwater! It was the only thing i drank the whole time, i tend to no want to eat later in labor so they just fed me a few cookies here and there lol.

July 21st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't know yet, but my Doula gave me a big list of good foods to have during labor. I imagine I'll have my husband run out and grab me whatever I'm craving at the moment. He'll also make me drink a lot of Gatoraide and fruit juice.
Being my first child, I have no idea how hungry or sick I may feel.
July 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My labor went so quickly last time that I really didn't have time to eat or drink anything (I was only at the birth center an hour when she was born). I think I drank a few sips of Gatorade before I started pushing, and then a whole lot of Gatorade after she was born. It's funny because we had brought a whole box of food and drinks for myself and the family, prepared for the long haul, but none of it was really used since we were there for a total of 4 hours.

I have a bottle of wine in my fridge that I keep telling my dh will be the first thing I drink after the baby is born this time, LOL. We'll see if I really feel like opening it when the day arrives.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
July 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I drank lots and lots of apple juice and ate whatever sounded good, usually something light like a sandwich or salad, I wanted french fries during my last labor but decided against it in fear that the grease would make me nauseous.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I brought granola bars and cheesesticks, and ended up eating some cheese and having water and juice. I had some toast and tea before going to the birth center too. This time, I'll be at home so I'll eat whatever sounds good. I honestly wasn't that hungry during labor, but I knew I should eat little bits ot keep my energy up.

Expecting baby #4!

July 23rd, 2011, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Goddesses View Post
What was some of your favorite things to eat? Did you have trouble eat or keeping food down? What was your must have drink or food item?

For me i had to have my smartwater! It was the only thing i drank the whole time, i tend to no want to eat later in labor so they just fed me a few cookies here and there lol.

I would like strawberryes
July 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before labor really started I had half a banana, that was all I wanted. I had no desire to eat at all until an hour after. I drank water throughout and then once she was here had some powerade. I didn't feel or get sick at all during either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search