So if you live somewhere where HB laws are working against you...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
how do you find a midwife? I'm assuming in those states they aren't exactly going to be advertising in the yellow pages.

I have no real contacts in the area with those kinds of connections (besides DF's ex, who I'd rather not ask). I was thinking of going to LLL meetings and maybe making some connections that way - I'm assuming at least some of the women attending those meetings have an interest in homebirth/natural childbirth and could have some names?
July 29th, 2011, 01:04 AM
smileybrea's Avatar ♥ Proud Doula & CPST ♥
I'm not familiar with GA homebirth laws. Is it completely illegal or just for certain situations? If it's for certain situations, you can interview with homebirth midwives and talk to them about your situation and see what they say. I'd also say find a doula in the area..a seasoned one should know who and where they are

Did you know that 95% of children are not properly restrained in a vehicle?
Make sure your child is not one of them!

July 29th, 2011, 05:49 AM
10x_A_Mommy's Avatar formerly mom_of_8
I agree with asking doula's. Indiana is the same way, it is illegal for a CPM/DEM to attend any homebirth period. There is only 1 in my immediate area and I connected with her through a local natural birth/parenting group.

You can also google home birth midwives in your area, you may even come across home birth stories from people nearby that you can contact.
Tristan ~ lost 2/6/03 @ 20 weeks

July 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks! We're still WTTC but I've been worried it might be difficult to find someone and was wondering how other people have made their connections with MWs.
August 1st, 2011, 03:44 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Question....if it is "illegal" or not allowed (which is ludicrous btw) how do you get a birth certificate? Just thinking to myself...

Oh and where at on GA? I just came across a website of midwives that travel 2 hours from the Atlanta area.

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 1st, 2011, 05:54 AM
I haven't gotten to that part yet. There must be a way, though. A lot of people have homebirths despite the laws.

I'll PM you with where we are.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 1st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm NTNP but wondering this too... I've been trying to do research and weigh options for my next child... I live in Alabama where it's illegal for a midwife to attend an out of hospital birth...

and introducing Julia Pearl
August 2nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
You would have to to the birth certificate as you would if you had an unassisted homebirth. I'm sure a few women on here would know how

August 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
SoCaliMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
from what i've heard about getting a birth certificate, you'd have to call your local vital statistics office to find out how to register a out of hospital birth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search