36 week appt! (my home visit!!)

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Had my 36 week (almost 37) home visit with my midwife. She brought the "birth kit" and we checked out the bathroom/tub and she thought it would be perfect for delivery! Which is great, I really didn't want a portable tub in the house. Baby is doing great, measuring right at 40 weeks sooooo I guess our "little baby" (who has measured right on spot up till now) isn't so little. Of course FH isn't an exact science so there is a chance this one won't be another 10.8 pounder lol. BP and urine were all good, baby's HB still in the 130's and sounding good. My midwife is leaving this weekend for 2 weeks of vacation so baby has strict instructions to STAY PUT! I highly doubt we have anything to worry about though seeing as my babies like to over-bake!

The only thing I have left to do is get the rest of the supplies off the homebirth supply and wait... wait wait wait! Only another... 3-5 1/2 weeks left.

This is the list of items she wants us to have for the birth (a lot of it is stuff we already have on hand)... just curious if any BTDT moms would add anything to this...

6-8 receiving blankets
6-8 towels
10 wash clothes
Crock pot with hot water to keep warm compresses
Oil for perineum
roll of paper towels
large bottle of hydrogen peroxide
small bottle of alcohol
q-tips
Heating pad (for warming blankets and pain relief)
Trash can with with black bag
laundry basket
Juices and drinks with electrolytes
healthy foods
Flashlight with batteries
adult diapers
Emergency transfer plan & bag
camera/video equipment

Bed prep:
2 sets of sheets
2 waterproof barriers (she recommends vinyl tablecloths)

Facebook
August 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Everything sounds right, I didn't have to have alcohol or q-tips though or oil oh and I also didn't have to have adult diapers

August 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use olive oil on baby's bottom until all the meconum passes. That way it wipes right off and isn't sticky. For my waterbirths I used closer to a dozen towels. I recently attended a water birth for a friend and we needed more towels there, too.

Oh, and flexible straws. Makes it easy to drink while laboring in any position.
August 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison79 View Post
We use olive oil on baby's bottom until all the meconum passes. That way it wipes right off and isn't sticky. For my waterbirths I used closer to a dozen towels. I recently attended a water birth for a friend and we needed more towels there, too.

Oh, and flexible straws. Makes it easy to drink while laboring in any position.
Good to know! And as I looked through my birth kit from her I noticed there were flexi-straws =D

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search