Qotd 10/13

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2011, 08:02 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Would you ever have a unassisted birth?

October 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
No, personally, I wouldn't. I mean, my last birth was so fast that for all intents and purposes it was unassisted (the midwives were only there for 20 minutes before Beau was born), but still, just for the clean-up and check-ups and stuff afterwards I feel like I really needed them. If there had been tearing, or a problem with Beau's vitals, or anything like that then on my own I wouldn't have realized it. I wouldn't chance it on my own.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
October 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I would have an unassisted if it was the only way I could have a home birth. I wouldn't want to have another hospital birth ever. The area that I live in there is only a couple home birth midwives and they are an hour from me.

October 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally couldn't do an unassisted birth. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone with the home birth. (although I'm getting more comfortable with it as my pregnancy progresses)

=May '05 and '11

October 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I dont think I could, I mean maybe if it was the only way but I would worry about tearing and such. I have fast births so its something we prepared for with Everett but as unintentional.

October 14th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumberedX3 View Post
I personally couldn't do an unassisted birth. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone with the home birth. (although I'm getting more comfortable with it as my pregnancy progresses)
Ditto.

October 14th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not intentionally. If baby came before the midwife got here I would be okay with it since we've had 6 other babies, 3 at home, but I wouldn't plan for it to be unassisted.

October 15th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I wouldn't. Before I felt that way because I knew my husband wouldn't be able to handle the situation without help, but after my scary retained placenta experience with Lucia's birth on Sunday, I am so thankful that I had my midwives there. Neither I nor my husband would have been able to handle that situation calmly by ourselves.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
October 18th, 2011, 01:11 AM
pink_piggy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would. I was ready with Aubrey. My dh wasn't really on board w/ a homebirth and I told him I wasn't going to the hospital, so we compromised. But I trust my body enough that I would be fine going unassisted.
October 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would prefer to have a MW attended homebirth. I like having the extra eyes on me so it's not all on me (in terms of compliacations that can be seen by others). But if the only Doctor around was trying to force me into unsafe things (uneeded c-section, uneeded induction, etc) then I would probably have a unassisted birth.
October 20th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I would plan an unassisted birth, but I would prepare for one since my last birth ended up being unassisted because she came so quickly. I don't feel confident doing my own prenatal care though and I liked knowing that my midwife was on the way so take care of us after the birth.

Expecting baby #4!

November 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I would. It may have to happen next time w/ assistance from DH and FIL if we can't get a MW up to our home. I would prefer someone to be there, but if it can't happen then I'll need to be prepared.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

November 6th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had the same midwife for 10 babies now (at home). If we were to move (not likely) or she were to move/retire, etc... I would plan an unassisted birth. But, I do think even if B. were to retire, she's still be there for me.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2