Hoping to join!!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I'm currently pregnant with baby #2!!!
With DD I had a hospital birth that was horrible.. They broke my water, gave me pitocin, stressed me out..
It ended with an immediate postpartum hemorrhage, DD got stuck and ended up breaking her collar bone (Which i now think is probably from the vacuum they used, though they'd never admit it of course)

This time I'm hoping for a homebirth with a midwife. I'm going to a meeting with one soon and if they think I'm a good candidate, we'll go from there!
Of course, my grandmother was horrified when I told her I wanted a homebirth. She said I'd end up dead. So she's attending the meeting with me, as she is my biggest supporter in most aspects.
SO is on the fence about it, but he's easy to convince

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
October 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Congrats on your pregnancy! Sorry you had such a horrible hospital experience. Home birth is amazing and I wish I had done it with all my kids. Anyway all it took for me to get DH 100% on board was meeting with the midwife. Good luck!

October 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope that you find a m/w that you love!!

=May '05 and '11

November 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY! We need another homebirther in the June DDC!

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4
Josephine, 2
Evie, born 12.31.13
Baby due in July!
November 5th, 2011, 12:27 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I had to cancel my appointment with the midwife because of horrible m/s and when I told my mom I wanted a homebirth, she suddenly changed her explanation of what happened when DD was born.
Apparently I DID almost die (after 21 months of her saying I didn't, I'm overreacting) and I'm being stupid for even considering a homebirth. Now I'm not so sure I should do it..

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search