New here and pregnant for the 1st time. Scared, confused and tired

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hey there, I am 23 and pregnant for the 1st time, about 8 weeks along since I don't know the exact day of conception. Could be any day in Novemeber. This was not planned and I have to admit I am a little worried. The one thing I am kind of curious about is homebirth. It's my only option and I have read about it but I need real women to help me out with this. Is it as bad as people make it out to be? Is it as good? I have a low tolerance for pain and am wondering just how in the world I am going to be able to do this.

Also, should my hips and back be uncomfortable this early in pregnancy? And are dull headaches the norm? Also, housework stinks. I barely have the energy to wake up and shower much less do dishes, laundry and clean the house. My sweet husband has been helping but I really wish I could do more without feeling like I'm going to fall asleep on my feet. I'm falling behind and am frustrated.

I have my mom who had 4 children at home including me but she has a lot going on in her life and I'm not exactly at the top of the list. I also have my husband's mother and sisters who all do homebirths as a regular activity. They wouldn't do it any other way but I am not really able to see any of them at the moment because I have one heck of a cold, no voice (so no phone) and don't want to spread it to them and their kids.

I'm sure I will be able to speak to women I personally know about this later but I would like other opinions as well and soon. My mind is racing. Also any opinions on how well the birthing tub works is welcome.

Thanks to all who respond
January 10th, 2012, 01:42 PM
jillmarie's Avatar Veteran
Hi there! Welcome!! I had two natural births, one of which at home. When I told my mom I wanted to have my baby naturally she said, "You are such a weenie, there is no way you will make it" funny thing is I AM a weenie about pain. But this was a different kind of pain, pain with a huge reward at the end.
As for the discomfort you are feeling. It seems a bit early to have hip and back pain.

Oh! and I found my waterbirth to be much more comforting than my non water birth.

January 12th, 2012, 02:51 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome! I found that being at home and dealing with the pain of birth was easier than being in a hospital setting. You will do amazing mama! The birthing tub helped me a ton with labor pain, I didn't end up delivering in it because when I was in the pushing stage I didn't like the water anymore.

January 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and Congrats on your pregnancy. This will be my first home birth after 3 c-sections. I have no idea how the pressure waves (contractions) will be but I'm doing a hypnobabies home study course. I'm hoping that it will help me get through the birth.

=May '05 and '11

January 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!
I agree - birth 'pain' is very different from hurting yourself or something. I think - in part - because it doesn't mean anything is wrong.
I had a birth pool and got in - didn't like it and got back out LOL. She was born on my bed.
As far as hip pain and back pain - that's pretty much my first sign of pregnancy LOL. Same with the sleepiness. I remember in early pregnancy thinking my husband was the biggest jerk ever because he kept talking to me when I was trying to sleep - in the middle of the afternoon, and falling asleep during dinner, and I fell asleep under the clothes racks at work LOL! So to me you just sound pregnant! I found around 10 - 12w eeks I felt better.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
January 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!
Everyone will experience pain differently, and also homebirth differently. I had my second son at home and for me it was amazing. The pain wasn't really pain, but more like intense, but only during transition which was at the end right before pushing. I loved my homebirth and can't wait to do it again.

Your back is probably uncomfortable because your womb is expanding for your new little one and things are moving around. I had dull headaches with both my kids in early pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search