Hi! intro

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By lovemama
  • 1 Post By creynier

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!

Im not currently pregnant but my dh and I will be ttc soon!

My first birth with my son was an induction..still it was a perfect birth for me (all i wanted was my sweet baby boy)..we had ttc for 5 yrs so I never even considered anything other than a hospital birth (to scared to think about the "risks" associated with any thing other than the hospital) it was the normal induction..strapped down ..no eating..ect..but there were no other interventions used besides the epi and pit.

My second birth I was induced with gel but did not plan on getting pit or an epi..I was at a new hospital that supported a more natural birth experience ..getting up..using birthing tubs..balls ect..however my little girl decided to be breech at the last moment and since we were 45 mins from our home I didnt want to risk her cord being born first at our home (they gave me the option of going home and seeing if labor stopped or getting a c section) the recovery was HARD. I almost passed out in the hospital bathroom because I had lost so much blood..taking care of my 2 yr old and newborn a week after my section was awful awful awful.

After watching The Business of Being Born I felt like a natural birth is really my only option..I cant go back. My husband is very scared for me..and my family thinks Im going to die from uterine rupture..Im trying to educate them but its hard..I know they are just scared for me and love me.

I decided a few months ago that I wanted a midwife for my next birth..and then after doing some research I decided I wanted a home birth. We are kind of in the boonies..so even finding a midwife i hard...BUT..i finally have found a home birth midwife she is willing to come to my house for prenatal appts and will assist in a water birth. Im sooooo excited!!! I was starting to think I would never find a home birth midwife.

Ive been reading tons of online home birth stories and I get so emotional reading them. I cant wait to have mine.

anyways..I just wanted to introduce myself
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

January 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome! Home birth is so empowering! Good luck TTC We will be TTC #5 in 2013

February 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
I haven't been around in a bit but I had my fourth at home and it was the most amazing experience ever. I encourage you to get educated and surround yourself with people who are pro home birth. Good luck.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

May 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM
It can be a tricky thing getting everyone around you on board. Good luck!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.
May 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good for you!!! Im planning on have a home water birth... and this is my first! it took us almost 4 years to conceive this little boy! but here we are!!! I would also suggest finding all the people that are on board with you having a home birth and keeping them close! for me I have some people that arnt so on board with it and are trying to scare me out of it... I watched the business of being born and born in america! you should watch that one too!!! good luck in TTC!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search