Moms who have had prior C-sections

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an unplanned C-section with DS, my first and only child. I saw quite a few other women on here that are either planning a home birth or have had previous home birth experience are also VBAC Mommas.

Does having a C-section in your history scare you that you may have a more difficult or unpredictable labor? Does it worry you that you may be more likely to run into problems for you or baby during labor (since being VBAC can take you out of the "low risk" category)?

Just wanted to hear from some fellow VBAC successful or attempting home birth Mommas!

February 15th, 2012, 08:03 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning a h/b after 3 c/s's. I'm not really scared about complications as the risk of uterine rupture is about 1%. I feel that my m/w wouldn't have taken me on as a patient if she thought that I was going to have drastic complications. I'm due in April, so I'll let you know how my birth goes!!

=May '05 and '11

February 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Congratulations and best of luck!! You'll have to let us know how everything goes.

February 17th, 2012, 01:07 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I had homebirths with my 5th and 6th babies after 1 c/s, #7 was a planned homebirth that ended up as an emergency c/s (placental abruption), then #8 was a homebirth after 2 c/s.

I am disappointed that I wasn't able to have #9 at home and #10 will also be a hospital birth. It is only due to cost of homebirth being an out of pocket expense as opposed to using insurance for the hospital.

I was never worried about complications from previous sections, the rate of rupture only goes up slightly with one previous section and even in moms with 2 previous sections is still under 3% (I believe ....don't quote me, its been awhile since I have read up on it).

I have been treated like I have the plague at hospitals, and by the hospital MW's even, with my last two births. I refuse to agree to their "recommended repeat sections" due to being a two time c/s mom. Of course they list me as high risk because I am a grand multipara (more than 5 babies), advanced maternal age (38) and educated enough to dispute their BS. So I am not a "yes" patient and they aren't fond of me.....the feeling is mutual. LOL
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 23rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran
This will be my 3rd VBAC and second homebirth and I highly recommend homebirth over hospital for VBAC. I have a wonderful and skilled midwife and I know that every time I VBAC I lower my risk of UR. Wishing youthe very best birth and VBAC!!!!

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
April 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I have had 2 c-sections and am planning a homebirth VBAC any day now! I am not worried about "complications" as I have done a ton of research. My midwives are completely confident in my body's ability to birth!

Outnumbered, did you have your baby yet?
May 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeKathryn View Post
I have had 2 c-sections and am planning a homebirth VBAC any day now! I am not worried about "complications" as I have done a ton of research. My midwives are completely confident in my body's ability to birth!

Outnumbered, did you have your baby yet?
I did!!! He was born at home last Sunday. The birth couldn't have gone more perfect!!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...l#post25976791 (Cameron Ryan's Birth)

=May '05 and '11

May 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! What an amazing birth story. Sounds so smooth and peaceful,

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited by Memi; May 10th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search