New here :) pg with #3

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Hi my name is Brittany (25) dh is Eric (30) and we have two high spirited boys name Ethan (3.5yrs) and Brennan (2yrs). I am currently 12 weeks along with baby #3. Baby 3 is due Sept 9th but I am pretty sure will come the last week of Aug.

With both my boys I had ob's and hospital births. Ethans was more on the bad side but Brennans was a breeze. Both were vaginal, Ethans my wtaer broke at home I got to the hospital and they would not allow me to walk around since I needed an iv so I got an epidural because laying in bed was terrible. Had the epidural for 5 ish hours and when it came time to push I could feel nothing and it hindered my ability to push he then had some distress I was threated with a c section but then gave the option of them trying the vacuum first. I also ended up with and episitomy but he was born vaginally with vacuum assist total labour was about 9 hours. I absolutely hated my stay in the hospital with him.
Brennan I stayed home as long as possible when I got to the hospital I was already 6cm I did cave and get an epi and they broke my water for me. I only had the epi for 45 mins and had requested it to be light so I could still have feeling. Brennan didn't give the epi much time to take any effect I was at the hospital for maybe 2 hours before he was born. No assistance was needed for him and he even had his hand up by his ear and weighed a few ounces more than Ethan. My total labour with Brennan was 5ish hours.
This time around I have a midwife and am very much contemplating a water home birth. I am basically looking for more info on them as I need to get dh onboard but he is afraid that something bad could happen to me or the baby. I keep reassuring him that the midwife will have everything under control and its what she does for a living and that the chances of any problems arising are very minimal but its not going so well. Also with how much shorter Brens labour was compared to Ethans I don't think we will even make it to the hospital anyways possibly.
I go monday for my first appointment with my midwife and was wondering if you all could help me with figuring out what questions I should be asking. I luckily do have a friend who had a home water birth this past januray and she has been telling me about it and answering questions I have. She is also going to have her husband sit down and talk with mine to see if hearing about it from a friend who has been through it can help sawy his mind.
Sorry this is pretty long just wanted to throw the extra info about my first two births in so you have an idea of my background with that. Thanks for reading and for any extra info or questions to ask my midwife.

Last edited by 2Reasons2Smile; February 25th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search