Unexpected homebirth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mamato4andc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm Melissa, married to Israel. We have Israel who is 7, Sofia who is 5 , Malachi who is 3 and Lily who is 8 months. Back in September of last year, we decided we would have our baby at a birthing center. The birthing center is 2 hours away but since my boys' labors were both over 14 hours, we figured we'd have plenty of time to get there. So November 12th, 2011 I woke up around 1 am to go to the bathroom. Hubby asks whats wrong and I say I just keep having to go to the bathroom. I was super tired so didn't realize anything was up but he said that I had been getting up every 10 minutes for the past hour. I didn't think anything of it and tried to get back to sleep. I couldn't get comfortable so I said I'd walk around and see if anything happened. Sure enough, contractions started. Not painful at all but about 15 minutes apart. I got in the shower but while in there, I had a bunch really close together, but nothing I couldn't handle. So he gets in the shower while I'm packing to leave. I have 2 major contractions and tell him we won't be making the birthing center to hurry up so he can call his sister to watch our other kids. (They would've come with to the birthing center). So he gets out and I have another major contraction while he's on the phone. I get down on my knees because the pain was so bad and long I couldn't stand and started praying. My water broke. I get up to clean myself and have another contraction. I'm screaming for my husband who went downstairs to answer the door(not sure how my sil got to the house so fast LOL) to come be with me because it makes me feel better. As he's coming up the stairs I tell him she's coming. He says okay lets go and I say no, she's coming NOW! We look down and her head was half way out. He lays me down and with a slight push she was out. No problems whatsoever and no pain once she was out. It was amazing. Hubby said, seeing how smooth it went, there's no way we could have a hospital birth again.
August 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
so wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

August 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
love stories like these beautiful.
August 8th, 2012, 07:52 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome and great story! Thanks so much for sharing

August 8th, 2012, 08:27 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! What a great birth story!

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

August 11th, 2012, 08:41 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Wow! what a neat experience! Congratulations and welcome! Now I see where the question of UC came from.

August 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story, even though it wasn't planned

=May '05 and '11

August 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Pinkapple's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
That's amazing! I feel so torn on how I want to birth, but home birth has always been such an incredible thing to me. It's always nice to hear stories like this from women who had little issues. Congratulations on the new baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search