unassisted

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Veteran
Has anyone had a planned unassisted home-birth? What are everyones thoughts on one?
August 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of the girls in my PR did that, she loved the experience. I think it's great and if you think it's the right choice for you, and you are low risk with a normal pregnancy I don't see why not
dannimom likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 08:31 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally, I would not UC unless it was unplanned. I'm way too neurotic lol.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

August 11th, 2012, 08:37 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I go back and forth on this one. On one hand the introvert in me thinks it sounds great! and my husband is a critical care paramedic, so it's not like he's clueless in case of an emergency. But on the other hand, he's not a skilled midwife, who from experience can foresee problems and treat or act on them before they get out of hand. I guess in the end, I like someone who will be respectful and hands-off, but I still like having that experience and expertise of a midwife present.

August 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like the idea of putting all the responsibility on DH to respond to an emergency. Even with all the reading in the world, he's not trained for that. Even with all of my knowledge and medical training, how can I guarantee that I would be in a frame of mind to direct him??? I could be passed out or something.

Even though the odds are pretty high that everything would go just fine, I'd worry about that small chance that something goes wrong. I just feel better having my MW sitting in the corner, just in case. She really isn't much more involved than that, she's just there to watch for a problem and act if there is one.
September 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I've had to toss the idea back and forth depending on where we were moving too. Now that we've bought land and have moved I did some research and there is a MW about 30min from me so I'll check her out (and find more if there are more) and go with that. BUT, if we had really moved to where there weren't any MW's DH and I understood that we'd be doing an unassisted birth.
dannimom likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

October 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Veteran
Due in Feb with my 1st UC and I'm also UPing.
October 30th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Veteran
You ladies are so brave! Can't do HB -- assisted or not. I'm too scared not having emergency equips. Or I'm just being paranoid. Good luck though!
November 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Veteran
this is scary for first timers like me...i still prefer assisted birth so that whne something goes wrong, u have an aid beside you...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search