Intro

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Hi ladies. I wanted to introduce myself over here as we are planning on a homebirth. I'm just about 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'm 24 and a nurse, DH is a pharmacist. We are very excited to have a homebirth and I'm looking forward to this whole new experience. I think I'm most nervous about being loud and waking my neighbors up because we live in a community where the houses are located pretty close together.

Is there anything you did or are doing to prepare for a homebirth? I mean like physically wise...

Did you take any birthing classes such as Bradley?

October 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Melissa and I had my daughter at home back in February. I exercised through my whole pregnancy and I think it helped me to stay comfortable through to the end. I took a Hypnobabies class and used that for pain management during my birth. It worked so well and I highly recommend it.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

October 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome to the group! Also congrats on your pregnancy. I would suggest looking into the different types of classes and see what fits you best. We did take an official Bradley class but I did a lot of reading about it and learning so we used that for my home birth and it was what really got me through it. I have heard good things about the new Lamaze classes, they redid the whole program. I also hear that Brio Birth is amazing too.

November 15th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Thanks ladies! I've been keeping up with my yoga and belly dancing as well as walking every day.. I'm just about half way now and we found out we are having a boy!
I'm also going to be taking a Hypnobabies class in January

December 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Congratulations! We did Bradly classes with our second baby, first home-birth, and they were awesome! Even though we'd been through a natural birth before, and I'm a doula and my hubby a paramedic, we both learned so much! Highly recommend them!

I've heard great things from people who have used Hypnobabies successfully, but I've also met people who said it didn't work for them. Now I'd definitely agree that it depends on the individual, but Personally I think you need a larger "tool-bag" of techniques to pull from, just in case you find something isn't working for you. That's what I loved about the Bradly method; it teaches you many different ways of relaxing through your labor.birth. Brio Birth, or Birth Boot camp are also good class options.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search