Poppin in from the Sept 2013 ddc

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Hi Ladies!

I am pregnant with #4 and am exploring the option of an at home water birth. I have had three hospital/epidural births but have always wanted to have a home water birth, just always been afraid! My first labor experience was dreadful, so when number 2 came along, I opted for another hospital birth..my second and third labor experiences were really good so I think I am ready!

I have my consult with my chosen midwife next Thursday and am very excited! Several of my gfs who have done this are sharing their stories with me and giving me questions I should ask the midwife that I might not think of! Any advice and stories are really appreciated!

Thanks in advance and am looking forward to being a member of this board...
February 27th, 2013, 03:46 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm new too, due in mid October with #2 but this will be my first homebirth.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
Hi and Welcome!! So great to hear you are considering a homebirth! It is such a wonderful experience and it makes birthing a baby much less complicated than it is in the hospital. I am expecting any day now however I will probably be waiting another 3 weeks... This is my 3rd homebirth and my first was a little difficult and kind of scary to me but I also didn't know what I was doing and what to expect, the 2nd was a piece of cake so this time i feel pretty confident things will go great! I wish you all the best meeting the midwife and keep in mind that you can always meet with a couple just to make sure you find your right match

April 13th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This will be my 2nd natural birth, and 1st home birth. I highly recommend you do hypnobabies to get your head in the right place. It is so so helpful, even if you don't listen during your birthing time. I imagine going from epidural births to a natural one will be a bit rough, so having prepared ahead of time with the right attitude and techniques will be ever so helpful for you. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search