Sorry to just barge in...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, all! I just realized I replied to a bunch of posts and no one here knows who I am! I'm Carolyn and am due to give birth in about a week, eek! This will be my 2nd natural birth and 1st home birth. I am getting so excited to have my birthing time at home and finally meet my baby

It's been a long road getting ready for this birth. When we got pregnant, my dh was employed at 2 jobs and we were using our office/basement mostly for storage. Then my dh got laid off from one job, got fired from the other, and we had to go on unemployment and medicaid. We've worked really hard to change our storage room into a super awesome (and clean) birthing suite. And it's almost done! All that is left is to clean the attached bathroom one more time, move a bookcase, and set up the birthing tub. And, my dh has a new job waiting for him soon after baby comes If he got hired earlier, we would have lost our insurance--could've sucked!

I've been practicing my hypnobabies program again, and feel like this time I might listen during my birthing time (unlike last time, where I just closed in on myself and didn't want to talk or touch anyone else). I also feel like it'll be a shorter labor, more relaxed and joyous.

So anyway, if you don't hear from me again, I've probably had my successful homebirth! I would like to come back and post my birth story when it is time.
April 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Welcome and congrats! Come share if your little one has arrived yet or not

April 19th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No baby yet! Guess date is for the 22nd (monday) but last time i went overdue by a week. I was really hoping to avoid going overdue again. Plus this baby has been pounding my cervix--trying to get out, I assume!
April 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I look forward to reading your birth story!!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 5th, 2013, 09:49 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Welcome! I'm guessing you are holding a baby by now, but if not, soon! I can't wait to hear about your birth!

May 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm coming back in to say I can't post my birth story here cause we had to transfer to the hospital I didn't get upset about it, I just went with the flow. My baby boy was born 6 days overdue, on 4-28 at 1:30 am. While the birth was okay (only 20 mins of pushing vs the 2 hrs for my daughter), I hated the hospital stay--2.5 days felt like a week. I couldn't wait to leave. I much preferred my previous experience of leaving the birth center after 5 hours!!
May 27th, 2013, 09:40 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Congratulations on your baby! I'm sorry for the transfer. I'm sure that would be disappointing. I hope you are recovering and adjusting well to life with 2 under 2! (I've been there )

July 17th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Congratulations for your baby. God bless you both.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search