New here and have questions Regarding Home births

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AIK112018
  • 2 Post By NiamhStarr

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 11:35 PM
I dont want to make this long but it may be long. I guess i will tell everything once people start coming into my post if anyone does lol.
I am new here, im 30 years old and i been married since 2003. I have two girls and 1 boy. My first two where c-sections and my son was a natural home water birth in WA state. I am now in California.

I am pregnant with number 4 and it is a girl for now lol My first question is If you can not afford a Home birth, cant take a loan out, Cant ask friends and family for money, cant work on the side (I cant)
Cant do a Birth center because they are too far and too expensive, Your insurance wont cover Either midwife or Birth center... then lets say you cant do a Vbac at a hospital even though you may have gotten over it and though ok only option but find out You cant because the nurses, doctors and policy is You need vaginal Exams, need to wear there nasty gowns, and need fetal monitoring all you dont agree with so now your left with no option but to have a Unassisted birth even if you dont want one. WHAT DO YOU DO?
June 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You cannot make payments towards your homebirth?
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
June 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My midwife accepts any kind of payments at all... even $25 a week for 3 years. I would talk to a midwife before making any drastic decisions... she may be able to help you work something out...
fromGirltoMommy likes this.
June 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM

I would seriously talk to Midwives in your area. I worked with many midwives who worked with their clients on either sliding pay scales, monthly payments, or even exchanged goods/services.

I would hate to see someone forced into either a hospital birth or unassisted if they did not want it. Talk to people in your area, if one Midwife is unwilling to work with you, ask for a referral to maybe someone else they know... Good luck!
June 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Many midwives are willing to work out a payment plan for you. Even if they dont advertise that, you should explain your situation and ask if they would be willing to work with you. I would bet that most are understanding and will want to work something out for you

June 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Oh wow i totally forgot about this post i made. I found a midwife that takes a $400 deposit and monthly payments but shes more lenient then most. the other midwife we where going for wanted $4500, $500 of that down and $500 or more a month. she was very rude and not chatty. so we decided to look for someone else which we did. she only asks for $3200.
AIK112018 and berrybunny like this.
June 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy you found someone! Congrats!
July 17th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Good to know any one helps you out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search