Hello ladies!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By Britt3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello! I wanted to kind of introduce myself. I posted fairly often on this board years ago (2008) because I was pregnant and planning a home birth. I did have a wonderful home birth, and things were great. I'm back because I will be TTC soon, and of course will be planning another home birth. This time it feels all new to me again, because I'm in another state (NY) now. I was in a state where it was "a-legal" and so it was pretty much, "don't ask, don't tell." Anyways, from what I know, NY is the opposite. Infact, I already called and my insurance even covers it! WOW!

So, being the "planner" that I am, I wanted to start posting, and reading here again. I want to start planning my next home birth with the little changes from my first one. (Not having as many people there, actually birthing in the tub this time and not falling under pressure to birth laying down, etc)

Also, this time I have a different partner. My first pregnancy was with a man who was on board with the home birth (he did have to be talked into it a little bit). This time my partner said he's totally ok with what I choose, but I feel like he doesn't have a clue!! (it's his first) So, we'll see...

Anyways, hello!

August 6th, 2013, 09:34 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome back! I lurked around here my last pregnancy (also 2008) but didn't get a homebirth then. Now we are due in 10 weeks and planning our first homebirth.
Britt3 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in NY about 6m away from my home birth

Where are you in NY? My insurance covers my home birth almost fully, which is so awesome glad yours is going to be covered too!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
August 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had babies in both Ohio and Michigan - (all were with Ohio midwives though, where it is also a-legal) It's a crap shoot getting the insurance to cover - sometimes they do sometimes they don't, once all, usually some. (we've had three different policies/companies over the years)

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
September 6th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey! Interesting!! I live in Rochester now, and I actually used to live in Ohio! So JoyfulChaosMama I know too well what you're talking about! I'm glad to have another NY mama here!
We are actually going to be TTC this cycle, so I'll hopefully be around much more soon.
fromGirltoMommy likes this.

September 22nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live in Rochester too Which midwife are you going to use, sadly there are only 2 midwives who offer home births here, which kinda is really sad. I went with Welcome Home Midwifery, with Meg and she is just amazing. I look so forward to get appointment and love the personal relationship we have! It was hard to go from doctor/patient to a personal relationship with my care provider, but it is so worth it. As I am sure you know!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search