Hi! Rookie Mama new here, hoping to do a home birth!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Veteran
Hi ladies!

I just found this board, and I haven't had a chance to look through all the wonderful resources posted here yet. But I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself and not be a lurker!

I am PG for the first time at 38, and I hope to manage a home birth. Due in March. My cousin did a VBAC home birth for her third, and said she wished she could have done it for all of them!

My DH is definitely not on board. He is a physician, and thus will be a hard nut to crack, as far as convincing him that home births are safe. I am going to have to provide him with LOTS of published research in reputable medical journals for him to be convinced. If anyone knows offhand of a list of such things, please let me know! But I am sure that as I look through this forum I will find lots to help me. The one thing in my favor is that my husband is from a California hippified family, so he is "softened up" for some more alternative ideas. I have already let him know that I am interested in natural childbirth. I am sure that my wanting to do a home birth will not be a total shock. Ha!

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies.
Rebecca
September 22nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome sweetie, I'm Nikki mama to my precious 4 year old daughter Kennedi and planning my 1st home birth in late Jan/early Feb to my little Ryker!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search