Other children at birth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2013, 09:03 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Would you have your older children at your birth?
What is your plan for your older children if they won't be attending the birth?

December 29th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my kids were home during my births. They've slept through it both times though.

Will was born at 3 am so Ross (just shy of 15 months at the time) was asleep in his crib the whole time, to this day im still shocked he slept through all that. Not that it was terribly noisy but there was running water in the next room and up and down the stairs, but he didnt make a peep until 6 am

When Finn was born Derek put the boys to bed at 7 like they always do, so they did see me in labour, but they were only 2.5 and 16 months at the time so i dont think either of them really got that something was up. Finn was born at 830 and again they both slept through it

I did have my ILs at our home for both births though, in case the boys needed something or in case of an emergency

December 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Just us and the MWs at dd2 birth. Kailey woke up around 5:30 and sat on the couch watching and eating almonds or raisins, we can't remember lol. She was 2.5 and very quiet just sitting there.

Both girls will be here this time too. Kailey loves pregnancy and birth, she watches birth videos all the time and knows what to expect.

Her and I have talked a few times about her catching the baby depending on how things go.

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

December 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids will be 2.5 to 14 years old. If birth happens in the middle of the night we won't wake the youngest two, but we will have everyone else there that would like to be there. We do have people there just to watch the kids so we can just focus on the birth. I love having my kids present. We usually ask if they want to be there when I am close to pushing and they help cut the cord and diaper and dress the baby. It truly feels like they are welcoming the baby to the family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search