1st Appt

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Met the new MW today and her apprentice. Her apprentice is on the last leg of her apprenticeship so she's going to "deliver" my baby, which is fine by me because I really like her.

The MW and I are going to butt heads on a few things like diet and testing. Apparently if you don't get these two certain blood tests (I'll have to ask her the name) and we DID have to be transferred to a hospital it's an automatic call to CPS (or whatever it's called). Not by her, but by the hospital. She says even still we can decline w/e we want, she just wants us to understand the laws there (Arkansas is where she is, I live in MO).

I declined AFP, she was fine w/ that.
I told her I'll do GBS but if it's + that I'll treat naturally and that's what she likes to do too.
I told her that I don't do the diabetes testing, with my diet it'd be an automatic fail putting that much sugar into my body. Anyway, she was like "Well if there is stuff showing in your urine what about ______" and I told her that if there are any red flags I'm not going to ignore them, but I don't "just test" automatically.

Anyway, it was a good appt. Uterus is just below the belly button from what the MW and her apprentice measured. The apprentice wasn't used to feeling a 12 wk uterus, I guess their patients don't have their 1st appt until later on. She was happy I let her poke around all she wanted

I didn't bring up the outdoor stuff b/c we hadn't heard the HB by that point, I wanted to make sure there was a kid in there before I went in w/ the nitty gritty stuff.

Honestly, I'm not too sure how she's going to react

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 30th, 2013, 09:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm glad it went well! We did an alternative testing for the glucose screen with Everett. I ate a breakfast, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast, 8oz of OJ and 8oz of milk. With Payson I didn't do it all and just paid attention.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

December 31st, 2013, 05:15 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
sounds like it was good overall I dont do the glucose testing either
Earthy.Mama likes this.

December 31st, 2013, 08:45 AM
Went well overall. Gotta do more research on those individual tests she likes to do to see which ones I'll do and which ones I won't. I don't want to cause her any issues and if the tests are easy/minimal and don't cause ME any issues then I don't care about doing them if it's good for her PPW.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 31st, 2013, 08:50 AM
ive never heard about a call to CPS if you refuse a test though, im curious as to which they are. I know all states are different though as far as what is "mandatory"

here you get CPS called on you if you refuse that newborn eye drop gunk at the hospitals.

December 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch View Post
ive never heard about a call to CPS if you refuse a test though, im curious as to which they are. I know all states are different though as far as what is "mandatory"

here you get CPS called on you if you refuse that newborn eye drop gunk at the hospitals.
I think I refuse that unless there is bleeding, I can't remember, I always have to re-research everything each time I get pregnant.

And again, more reasons why I stay home. DUMB!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 31st, 2013, 10:21 AM
ya the eye gunk is to prevent some STD from getting in their eyes, it can cause blindness, which is a great preventative measure you know if you have that STD but pointless for everyone who doesnt....

December 31st, 2013, 09:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's amazing what you learn when you have a hb, it really is a different perspective.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search