How *late* would you call MW?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
The more I think about the birth I'm trying to achieve and feel comfortable with, the more I'm considering just calling the MW at the very very end, right when I feel pushy (she's only 15min away).

I've only had 1 appt, so who knows if I'll mesh better with her at the others, but I just feel like she is a bit too medically for my tastes. I'm not sure if she is understanding how "hippy" I am, but there are plenty of appts. to discuss our feelings etc....

But truthfully, the thought of doing this (mostly) on my own is what appeals to me the most. Not for a glorified/hero type of things, it is just what feels right to me.

I would appreciate help/care during the pushing and afterbirth care, but I prefer to be left alone (from medical ppl) during the labor (took 2 births to figure this out!).

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I would probably call a little sooner than when you feel pushy, unless you typically take a while to push, ive pushed all my kids out in like 3-4 pushes so that would be a little too late for my comfort level.

Id probably call when you get to that transition place, i can tell when that is because generally i puke/feel sick at that point (i know so glamorous) i can also tell im getting near the pushy stage when my contractions stop hurting in front and only hurt in my back (but i dont know if thats true for all women or just something my body does)

id probably discuss more (and im sure you will) about how you want your labour to go, and how youre a hands off person, if she is great with that then you will know you can call her sooner, but if you feel like shes resisting it and you dont think you will get the birth you are hoping for with her around then dont call until you get closer to pushing

January 5th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Transition doesn't sound bad. I wasn't in pain during transition with Kailey, but I did get the shakes so that was a sign.

There wasn't any type of transition sign with Nola. My pushing takes a while, or at least with the other 2 b/c I was never allowed to wait to feel the urge to push. That's one of my big things this time, and one of the reasons I want to be left alone, I want to push when I'm ready. Of course if I push when *I* am ready then it may only be a short pushing stage. Oh, so much back and forth >.< lol

Will have to see how further appts go definitely... hm.....

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 5th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i think pushing often takes a long time for women because the OB is telling them they need to push now, and their body is not there yet. I bet if you wait until you feel like you need to push the amount of time you spend in the pushing phase will be a lot less

i like to be left alone during labour too, thankfully ive been fortunate enough to have MW's who are on board with that.

January 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I call when I feel labor is starting, but that's because of my history.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search