Homebirth fund

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Movlin
  • 1 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Let me know how this looks/sounds (I've deleted personal info off).

eta: will add new one when done

We're completely capable of paying for the birth ourselves, but it's customary for my family to throw a baby shower for each baby and I would just rather their money go towards something useful that I will use instead of toys or clothing I won't use.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Last edited by Earthy.Mama; January 14th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.
January 14th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
gosh im not sure.... i get what you mean about not wanting all the junk people traditionally give at showers, im totally on page with you there, but im not sure id send those out to people either. Because its asking for money, and i know youre not asking for money per se, you just dont want them to waste theirs and thats the only thing you feel you want/need

who would be throwing your shower, is that up to you to host/plan? I would personally decline the shower and then let whoever would be throwing it to tell people if they want to help you out they can make a contribution to your home birth fund (or you could tell people that when they ask what you need for baby)

im not sure how i would word it differently though, im going to have to think and see if i can come up with anything else. I dont want to come off like i think youre being tacky or anything, but people i know would be offended if i just sent that out in the mail. Obviously i dont know your family though, so if you dont think something like that would bother them then i do think its worded nicely and very clear and to the point

January 14th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I get what you're saying. I'm not sending this out to anyone, I'm just putting it on my facebook I'm not into "formal" things at all. Sending this to each person would seem tacky IMO. I'm was just going to put it out there for whoever would be interested in it that way it wouldn't feel like any awkward obligatory thing, because I think that's dumb. LOL!!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 14th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Regular
In my experience the baby shower isn't just for the expectant parents - it's a chance for the people in your life to share the joy of a new life with you. It's a social ritual, which is important to the family and community spirit.

I totally get the not wanting the baby stuff you won't use (I don't use that stuff either) so perhaps you can still let your family throw you a shower to celebrate but add the bit about donations in lieu of gifts. That way everyone feels the love, you don't get stuff you don't need, and they can still feel a part of the celebration by donating some money toward the birth.

Just a thought!
anjewellove likes this.
January 14th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Regular
I agree with Movlin!
January 14th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy.Mama View Post
I get what you're saying. I'm not sending this out to anyone, I'm just putting it on my facebook I'm not into "formal" things at all. Sending this to each person would seem tacky IMO. I'm was just going to put it out there for whoever would be interested in it that way it wouldn't feel like any awkward obligatory thing, because I think that's dumb. LOL!!!
oh ok! i think it would be ok to put that on FB then, just so people know/have a heads up, fb is a lot more informal than sending it out
Earthy.Mama likes this.

January 14th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I don't have any friends or family where I live, they're all hours away so we cannot have a traditional baby shower otherwise I would

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't see an issue posting it on fb.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search