Do you care what people think?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By Movlin
  • 2 Post By Irish_Wristwatch
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Earthy.Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2014, 10:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How do you feel about people's thoughts about your birth choices and your parenting? Do you care what they think or does it not bother you?

January 22nd, 2014, 06:24 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Kinda.

I care because I wish more people were open, less ignorant, more supportive and caring of differences.

No, as in, I understand people are different and have different beliefs, and what I do is best for me and my family.

People can be different and disagree without being rude, but I don't find that often, and rudeness hurts my feelings so that's why I care. I'm a pretty sappy person
moxiemommie likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 22nd, 2014, 12:31 PM
I care so much, I've gotten better but it's so hard not to care. I mainly care about what my family thinks. Mainly my parenting choices and not so much my births.

January 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Regular
I don't care. I raised 5 fabulous, loving, trustworthy, intelligent, beautiful kids on my own - if that's parenting the wrong way then I'm sticking with being wrong! I know I have made mistakes, believe me, but its about priorities and the big picture. I pick my battles and keep my eye on the ultimate outcome - how they will turn out as adults.

I have no problem "educating" people who wish to express an opinion on my parenting style! But I don't preach to anyone unless they start it
Earthy.Mama likes this.
January 22nd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
nope, not one little bit. It bothers me when people make dumb statements about homebirth but thats just because ignorance ticks me off
Earthy.Mama and Movlin like this.

January 23rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Im sort of lurking (I havent had a home birth, due to insurance, however Ive had natural, med free births) It does bother me. Esp when I am given advice by people who werent great parents. One of these ladies even tried to say they were calling cps because she didnt think we were good parents. (This was coming from a person who chose drugs over her children for a period of time) So that really hurt... because I wondered what had we done wrong for her to say that!? Apparently it was because we put our kids on time out and because I was teaching my one and half old to help out. (Put his plate in the sink using his little step stool, throwing his diapers away (after he was changed) or throwing things in the garbage when asked, just little things that we made a game of like helping me put away toys or getting toys for his nb brother) But you really cant ket it botheryou, I try to remember that I am raising them to grow into respectful, kindhearted, helpful, "strong" adults... and everytime I see them using their manners, helping out, sharing and being kind to others, I know Im doing something right.
Movlin likes this.

January 23rd, 2014, 08:58 AM
It's times like ^ where I am grateful for the internet where I can get support from other people like me!

And my kids loved throwing away their own diapers
navywifey2003 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doesn't bother me. I'm confident we are making the best choices for our family. That is not to say they are the best choices for everyone's family though!

January 24th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I'm really working on it. I've gotten so much better. It becomes easier as I get older.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

January 25th, 2014, 06:43 AM
I think it's gotten easier (so far) because I'm not around any family or friends so I don't get all the comments b/c I'm not there any more.

However, who knows what's going to happen in this small town once they hear I'm HBing or see me with a baby wrap or something...sheesh. LOL
navywifey2003 likes this.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 25th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh im sure people have a lot to say about how i parent, i just dont worry about it anymore, its not worth wasting my time with it, i have better things to think about now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search