We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I've had a hard time searching for a midwife- since my first home birth was when I lived in another state. I contacted one midwife and it took awhile to hear back. Then it turns out she doesn't take my insurance so I had/have to switch. I got in contact with another midwife that I heard was soon accepting new patients - back from leave - and after waiting 2 weeks to hear back - that's a negative. So now I'm back to trying to switch my insurance so I can get in with midwife #1. However, it's looking like it'll take a couple weeks for this process to go through. I'm already just over 20 weeks. Do you think the midwife will still take me in a couple weeks?! I know, I need to contact her to see - but I'm telling you, unless you make an appointment (all done online) you can't reach her.
I'm starting to worry I'll be stuck with a hospital birth. Please ease my mind... or be honest.
Edited to add: I see online that there are multiple home birth midwives within 60-90 minutes of where I live. If I can't get in with the local midwife- think another from farther away would accept someone that far?
i dont think its ever too late to ask! Assuming shes not full i dont see why someone would turn you away simply because you are 20+ weeks, some money from a client is better than none at all.
Im not sure about someone far away though, i think it really depends on your labour history, its not something id be comfortable with personally, but obviously thats something to discuss with them, id call and see what they say