Thoughts?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By caritasrainbow

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2014, 01:58 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This will be a new reality show on Lifetime this year
“Born in the Wild”
For expecting mothers and fathers in their third trimester of pregnancy, things couldn’t get much wilder. From the mood swings and false alarms to the crazy food cravings, learning to expect the unexpected becomes a way of life in the final days leading up to birth. But what happens when the craziest experience of a woman’s life becomes truly wild, and soon-to-be parents decide to take on an unassisted birth in the outdoors? “Born in the Wild” will document the journeys of young, expectant parents who have chosen to give birth “in the wild.” Produced by Matador, “Born in the Wild” is executive produced by Jay Peterson, Todd Lubin, Yoshi Stone, alongside Lifetime’s Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and Mariana Flynn. Lifetime has ordered eight hour-long episodes of “Born in the Wild.

June 5th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
id watch it, sounds interesting - i dont think we have that station though, i wonder if i can find it online

June 7th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I think it's cool, but I have a feeling it's going to make everyone seem crazy.

I'm doing it outside, but assisted.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

June 7th, 2014, 08:14 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thats what I think as well Jackie! I mean I think its so cool that they are even having a show highlighting natural birth but no need to make us seem crazier than people already think we are.

I cant wait to hear about your outdoor birth!

Someone just confirmed that it will be an illusion that they are unassisted but in reality doctors will be 2 feet away. Figures.
Earthy.Mama likes this.

June 7th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im not surprised they have medical staff, there is probably a huge liability issue when filming something like birth.

June 8th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Personally this kind of makes me feel sick. But then much does these days, lol. When I was expecting my 3rd baby, 2nd UC, Laura Shanley called me to ask if I would consider having my birth filmed for a piece on 20/20. I declined. My thoughts were: no matter how rational I was, they would make me seem like a crazy person, and, more importantly, I choose to give birth unassisted for a reason. I would not want strangers present, nor would I want millions of viewers to watch. Just seemed distasteful to me. And awkward and uncomfortable...
navywifey2003 likes this.

Last edited by caritasrainbow; June 8th, 2014 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Typos

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search