What was the most Memorable thing...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
someone said to you (good or bad) when you told them about your homebirth option?

I remember after I had just had Xander we went to get his pictures taken. There was a mother there that had just had a baby too and we just started talking about parenting in general. She asked me what hospital I went through and I unflinchingly told her "Oh I had a homebirth." She looked at me with these wide, amazed eyes and said "Wow I envy your strength and courage!"
October 18th, 2006, 11:08 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, since it's done and over with.... one thing that struck me the most that was negative was "Don't be afraid to go to the hospital if you can't handle the pain. You Could DIE! from the pain" lol That was from my friend...

Alot of people just said wow and thats amazing.

And now my husband always tells me, "You can do anything, you had our baby" That is sooo sweet. hehe

So Crunchy
October 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is soo, soo sweet!
October 19th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
I got the whole brave and courageous thing too. My favorite positive comments came from the homebirthed grandmas at my church DIdnt know anyone else "nowadays" who birthed at home!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One funny thing was said by my son Elijah. He told me it was neat but he didn't know the baby was going to come out of my peepee.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
October 19th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL that's so cute!
October 19th, 2006, 05:00 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my homebirthed baby I got the you are so brave crap.

But the best comment I recieved was from the birth of my first in a hospital without an epidural. A lady at church said...well you deserved to hurt if you didn't get the epidural. AHHHHHH!

October 19th, 2006, 05:19 PM
That is tacky!

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
October 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
And this is from a lady at church? Sheesh... I guess she forgot about the curse of Eve...
October 19th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well she was a something else!

She and I had our babies within days of each other. I had my baby and was a day or so postpartum when I heard she was in the hospital. So I walked down to her room. I remember her bed was sat up and she was just sitting there. I asked her if she was in labor and she said she had the epidural. I remember just feeling like something was wrong with her and I felt sad. I felt like she wasn't even a part of her experience. She just sang the praises of her epidural though. I really don't get that. I just don't. I enjoy my labors. They just grow me and change me. *sigh*

October 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong... Labor is painful... but it's amazing when you feel the baby decsending, I just can't even discribe how amazing it feels.
October 20th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's the rudest most memorable thing I had said to me

My midwife had me go to the hospital about a month before I had Xander. I started bleeding a lot and it freaked the heck out of me. She thought it just might be my mucus plug breaking but was a little worried because I had so much blood. She wanted me to get a ultrasound to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the Placenta. So I go in to the hospital and they ask who's my doctor and bleh bleh bleh. I tell them that I'm planning on a homebirth and that I had a midwife. I actually saw the doctors roll their eyes.

So as the story goes on... they lie to me tell me I'm two centimeter's dialated and that I have no amniotic fluid and that I should stay in the hospital and get induced. I said first I want to talk to my midwife. My midwife said.. it sonded like they were trying to get me to stay in the hospital and that I should go home get some sleep and we'd try to induce naturally. So we told the doctor our decision and the guy actually said... "IF you have the baby at home, it'll die!" And that the DH and I were bad parents because we wanted to have a homebirth.

So we left the hospital... my midwife checked me the next day I wasn't even a centimeter dialated. She checked the heartbeat and there was an echo so... I had amniotic fluid. We tried to induce naturally.. nothing worked. Xander wasn't ready to come out. Two weeks later he was born and to this day my midwife says we should have called him Noah because he had so much amniotic fluid. (I soaked 2 blue pads and my bed)
October 20th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Oh gosh they never cease to amaze me! Good for you for sticking to your plan!

October 21st, 2006, 07:56 AM
That is horrible!! I had a girl I knew that after I told her Maddie was here asked several times what hospital I was in after me telling her I had her here at home.

It drives me nuts to hear someone bragging about epidurals. Yeah i have had them but they aren't that impressive!

</div>
October 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Quote:
It drives me nuts to hear someone bragging about epidurals. Yeah i have had them but they aren't that impressive![/b]

That just made me smile so big!

October 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM
DahliaMarie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to DahliaMarie Send a message via Yahoo to DahliaMarie
The thing that irks me the most is when people (who know DARN well I plan to birth at home) ask questions about what the baby is going to wear home (uh... from where?) and if I have packed my bag yet (uh... NOT going anywhere, thanks.)

My mother says to me all the time, make sure you bring enough blankets to the hospital. I remind her I am having the baby at home and she says (while rolling her eyes, mind you) "Oh yeah, well... still"

It's so irritating.

I'm sure there will be plenty more as the date approaches, and even more afterwards! Mostly, I just don't tell random people. I find it easier to deal that way.

<div align="center"></div>
November 14th, 2006, 12:14 PM
LOL! Oh gosh your mother...lol!

November 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm about seven months right now, and the stupidness has just begun. My mother has started in on me about how we're going to traumatize my daughter by allowing her to be present. BAH!
November 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Yea...right! My son was newly four when he not only witnessed but assisted at my birth with Remy. He was GREAT! He never looked afraid and he would come and sit by the side of the tub and put a little hand on my arm and say, "breathe mommy...you just have to get the baby out!" And then he leaned down when I was on my hands and knees and the baby was crowning and said, "OHHHH, it's a baby!"

He also cut the cord and helped Mattmos clean up after the birth. So...from our experience with this child. We are just in love with having our children share in the birth as much as they feel comfortable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search