your DH

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 08:50 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How does/did your DH feel about homebirth?

I would have loved to birth my DD at home but my DH was deadset against it

October 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH originally said (repeatedly) that he wanted the whole normal birth experience, that he wanted to be nervously pacing the halls of a hospital and holding my hands through contractions. To which I respond, you want me lying there screaming that I hate you, cause I can do that here and now.

He read some research papers I had printed out, he read all the stats and said I'm nervous about it but if it's what you want I'll support you. That was 15 weeks ago. Since then he has turned into a total homebirth warrior, I love it. He defends our decision to his family and tries to educate everyone on why we chose the way we did. Sometimes it turns out to be really great other times... Well it turns out not so great, but he's come a long way and I'm proud of him!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At first he was really scared about it, but agreed to consider it because I was so anxious about having to birth in the hospital again.

Watching "Gentle Birth Choices" made a big difference! While he was still nervous, he could understand more about what the big difference was and why I wanted to be home.

Meeting our midwife helped even more. He was able to ask her all the questions he needed to - what if I bled too much? What if the cord was around baby's neck? What if, what if.... She was able to explain to him exactly what she would do in each situation, and what situations would require a hopsital transfer.

And then going through it and seeing the enormous difference sold him completely. He's more pro-homebirth now than I am!!! LOL
October 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
dh is against at this point, for the first one at least. he wants the birth center... we are both anti hospital for the birth. I'm hoping to move him towards the homebirth. the safety of the birth center and medical equipment is what he keeps going back to....

October 19th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Actually I was the one who had to come around to the homebirthing idea. The DH's brother's wife had homebirths and he was already familiar with them and felt much safer with them than at a hospital. When we were first married I said "No way, no how, never." Then I did some researching and said... yep this is the only way for me to go.
October 19th, 2006, 12:32 PM
*:Onei*Chan:*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *:Onei*Chan:*
Its what my DH wants. He has been by my side through this entire pregnancy experience learning with me everything that I have learned. He understands sometimes better than I think I do. He is so wonderful to me . He just wants what is best and most comfortable for me and the baby. I feel for the ladies whos husbands are so against it, because having him by your side and supporting your decisions is the best feeling ever.

</div>
October 19th, 2006, 04:16 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He was all for it! My biggest supporter/fan!

October 20th, 2006, 09:37 AM
dh is on board now... long talk last night. He says he wont be fully on board until we talk to a midwife with a ton of questions, and wont be ok with it until it actually goes through ok. but for now, he's pretty on board

October 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray Lashlock! I'm happy for you - I know what a relief it is to hear that from DH!
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 20th, 2006, 12:01 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is the general way most DH's feel. And then after the birth they are more pro homebirth than the women!

October 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
i am thrilled now... i'm planning even more and more and the convo wasnt as scary as i thought, and he seems to be gaining momentum as well. He's the kind that even if he's a little scared, around family he will defend it.

October 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is great!!!

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search