Neat poem!!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2006, 07:18 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not understand!
I am the obstetrician - I come to save you from the burden and the pain of birth.
I come to free you of the risks of nature. Why do you turn away from me ?
I have the knowledge of seeing a generation of children born before my eyes.

I have the knowledge of my predecessors and those who birthed children before them.
I have the tools and the medicine to give you your baby without the pain and without the risks of nature.
I have the technology - pethidine and stirrups, epidurals and caesarean sections.
I have spinals and gas, episiotomies and sutures.
I can control you and I can deliver your baby to you. Why do you not respect my wisdom?
I do not understand you?

I am a woman - I was born with a single precious gift within my body.
I was born a woman to deliver to the world a new generation.
I have learned from my mother and from those who have birthed before me.
I have a natural ability to birth my child.
I have the strength and the faith to conquer the pain and deliver my baby in a gentle and sacred way.

I am a woman who has felt the sting of your needle and the pain of your caesarean section.
I have watched you take my baby from me and I have struggled for weeks and months for her return.
I have felt the confusion, the sadness and the coldness of your technology.
I turn away from the anguish and heartache of your cold medical birth and
I look deeply and longingly at the strength of women.

I am an obstetrician who has seen the dangers and casualties of birth and I reject your views.
I don't see that my medicine can cause you harm - I am here to help.
I have been taught to help and I must do something to you.
You must need me to deliver your baby.

I am a woman who has seen the beautiful birth of babies with none of your tools and none of your help.
I have also seen the increase in Post Natal Depression and the anger left in the hearts and souls of women.
I have seen the babies dumped on doorsteps and marriages that have broken,
the pain and confusion of mothers that leads to dysfunctional relationships and tormented children.
The price of your help is so high - can you not see what you have done?
I have seen the anger and the rage about your help I have heartache cries for it to stop.
Why can you not support and assist nature without having to use your tools?
Why can you not respect and accept the beauty, strength and wisdom that women have?
I do not understand you?

15/8/01
Rhonda Polley

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
October 23rd, 2006, 07:58 AM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's beautiful....Can I get it on a T-shirt?
October 23rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's... Wow! I wish that I could post it on the walls of OB offices everywhere.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

October 23rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On the message board I got that from, one girl (a nursing student) got rather irrate about it.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
October 23rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You wonder if some of those women have ever had children? Are there honestly so many people who can't understand that having a multiple people walk in telling you to take drugs and lets us feel you up, is violating? Nursing students especially need to wake the h up, because they are the ones who will help the most in making a difference.

Can you just imagine if all the OB nurses in a single hospital signed a petition saying that they would no longer push drugs and formula, instead offer warm baths and breastfeeding support? Hospital birth would be a completely different thing.
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search