what do you think?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want a home birth for my next one something awful. (I'm not expecting yet BTW) Its not that my hospital birth was bad (better than could be expected) But I felt so alone, esp. since my DH refuses to stay in a hospital.

I have some heart problems not enough to have a cardiologist standing by, but I require an antibiotic for just about everything and to be closely watched...

So do you think I could find someone to assist me with a home birth (remember this could be yrs from now)
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
November 2nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new at this, and am not SURE about the legality in all states. If you are in one where it's legal, you could maybe have a doc on standby, you have lots of time to shop for a good miidwife, so that's good. I'm not sure exactly what you are asking though? What is the nature of your condition, what kind of treatment does it take? I would say start with calling independant midwives in your area, and give them your scoop and see what they say.. Things that OB's get all hot and bothered over, my MW doesn't even bat and eye, so it is different.

Welcome!!!! I'm so glad you came! I hope we can help!!!
November 3rd, 2006, 05:54 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would talk to a midwife in your area and get her opinion, to be honest. My son has a heart problem (VSD)and like you, also requires antibiotics for stuff. How did your heart hold up last time?? How stressful is labor on it?? Were you low risk or high risk last time? Definately do your research.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
November 3rd, 2006, 09:33 AM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
high risk but I held up well... Right now I am not undergoing treatments of any sort..
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
November 6th, 2006, 05:59 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I'm not sure what to tell you. I would consult with a midwife and see what she has to say, then go from there.

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>
November 6th, 2006, 07:51 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your states laws may very well dictate wether or not youll qualify for midwifery care or a homebirth.. Call around now & find a midwife and ask, and get the scoop on wether or not youd require OB care or if you can get midwifery care. It may also end up being that you could do it in a freestanding birth center, but not at home, or it may be all a-ok and you could do it at home

Good luck, let us know what you find out!

lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search