Baby in tthe caul

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2006, 03:15 PM
abigailsilva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any of you HBers had a baby born in the bag still intact? At what point did your waters break, do you let your MW do it? Why or why not?
November 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
very special thing to happen~ i dont have personal experience with this.. but my midwife has delivered a baby who's water bag was still intact...she said at first she didnt know what she was looking at. she had read about them, but this was her first baby in the caul. so she just gentley tore the sac, and inside was an amazing baby boy.. all pink and ready for the world!

it is supposed to be a blessing~
November 20th, 2006, 08:23 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lurk here so just popping in, hope you all don't mind. Just wanted to say, my younger brother was born with his bag of water still in tact. He was born in a hospital but was a posterior and facial presentation. My Mom had him completely naturally (Go Mom! ) and her dr. kept the bag in tact to soften his journey through the birth canal. After his head was delivered then he broke the bag. 4 weeks early and a less than optimum presentation and he was perfectly fine (swollen lips but fine ). I think most other drs. would have scared her into a c-section, I commend him for listening to my Mom and working with her (and this was over 24 years ago).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

November 20th, 2006, 10:46 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
My last birth was almost a caul baby. His waters broke right before being born. (birthstory under NCB birthstories subforum)

I was born in the caul in 1979 in an unmedicated hospital birth. My grandma fainted when she heard because she swore it would mean 'second sight' (sixth sense) for me.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
November 20th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
My DD would have been born that way. But at 10cm they couldn't hear her heartbeat and had to break my water to put a probe on her head. My midwife said she had a VERY tough membrane and most likely would have been born in the sac. She said it's considered lucky.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
My DD Elyssa was born in the hospital but she was delived by midwife and she was born with her sack intact.

My midwife had told me that if the labour wa snot progressing well, they would break my waters... but labour progressed beautifully! They wanted to break the waters right before she was born, but I couldn't stop pushing and she was born with her bag intact!! She was perfect and pink!!
November 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
momma6_2angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My midwife offered to break mine at 7 and I let her after i thought about it. I'm so glad I did because as soon as they broke, I was ready to push!

I've been snowballed!!!(CoveredinMommy Iowajenny x2, alpinedoe, shelly e, skittles4you, jbcrmommy, nicolee, ecstaticmommy)
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search